Thread: Pocket Pc

Poster
    i have a compaq pocketpc (iPAQ) and i was wondering how do i connect to the internet if i am using a cable modem. i want to be able to surf the web anytime like i was on a normal computer!!!

plz help

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    if it the iPAQ h1910 pocket pc then no

if it any of these then yes, you can get a wireless bluetooth dongle to attach it to a modem
    iPAQ h1945 pocket pc
    iPAQ h2215 pocket pc
    iPAQ h5455 pocket pc
    iPAQ h5555 pocket pc

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    To connect wirelessly, you need Wifi or bluetooth. The newer models has either one or the other or both. Goto http://www.brighthand.com/ to get more indepth info in the forum. If you have a older model with PPC 2002, it's a lot more work to configure. PPC 2003 has auto configuration. You can buy Wifi and Bluetooth CF cards if it's not built into your PPC. The SD versions are scheduled to come out in the next month or two. If you have the 1910, you only have SD as an option for expansion so you'll have to wait until its release.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    To connect wirelessly, you need Wifi or bluetooth. The newer models has either one or the other or both. Goto http://www.brighthand.com/ to get more indepth info in the forum. If you have a older model with PPC 2002, it's a lot more work to configure. PPC 2003 has auto configuration. You can buy Wifi and Bluetooth CF cards if it's not built into your PPC. The SD versions are scheduled to come out in the next month or two. If you have the 1910, you only have SD as an option for expansion so you'll have to wait until its release.
    well put! i started to write but it was ending up like an essay but it got more and more complicated so i gave up and just said yes or no! lol cheers

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    My version is Compaq iPAQ H3800 and it has Bluetooth Manager on it. So how can I get it to work? Ill try to look at the site posted, thanx for info.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.