Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with seedbox(kimsufi)

barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Well,i have a strange problem with it. It can't connect to leechers while leeching. I'm only able to connect to a seeder ,and other leechers get connected a few seconds,then they disconnect again. I stay connected to a seeder until i finish the torrent. Once i finish downloading a torrent,i connect to leechers just fine. I'm connectable and haven't changed my settings,so i have no idea what could be causing it.

I'm running wine + webui,set it up following naq's guide.

A week ago,all was working fine,i could connect to the whole swarm as soon as i started the torrent,but now ... =/

Could it be that ovh started to shape my traffic or sth like that?

Is there any tcp/ip settings in linux i overlooked?

Can't think of a good reason why is this starting to happen. Help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by barakokula; 03-25-2008 at 04:02 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    How much have you UL/DL this month?
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    A tb or 1.5 ,can't be sure. I don't see any bw limitation on their site.

But i can still get 10MBs when downloading or uploding. Just not at the same time,like i could a week ago. I could get 8MBs/9MBs simoultaneusly,on ftn or sct for example.
    Damn.
    Last edited by barakokula; 03-25-2008 at 04:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Im with ovh on this package http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml and have the same problem can download at 11mb/s but upload never goes above 1.5mb/s at best.Im only using to the end of the payment period then switching providers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    Im with ovh on this package http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml and have the same problem can download at 11mb/s but upload never goes above 1.5mb/s at best.Im only using to the end of the payment period then switching providers.
    The old adage is true: you get what you pay for.

barakokula: I don't think running wine + webui is a good idea on a box with only 256 ram. I think 512 is the minimum for a seedbox, especially if you're running a bunch of torrents at once. You might be getting shaped for using too much traffic, but I think more likely right now you're server can't keep up with the demands.
    Last edited by colbert; 03-25-2008 at 06:41 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah, i know 256 isn't much,but i have 3 torrents running atm,and always try to keep total active torrents below 10.
    It was all good untill a week ago,the box could go 9/9 MBs simoutaneusly. It had 256ram then,too.
    And this problems is very strange for a shaping,i mean-to not to be able to connect to leechers while leeching only,and it can still go to 11mbs both download and upload. I don't think i could get that speeds if i was shaped.
    It's like some cache got full or sth,and i have to clear it. Just have to find what to clear.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    rpm -e wine

try rtorrent

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I get a similar problem, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is that the disk overloads when trying to download at faster speeds and upload at the same time.

Whenever I DON'T get the overload error, my torrents upload just fine
    Kindness goes a long way!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I might check out uTorrent in wine, but I really like how rTorrent uses under 100MB of my RAM with 50+ active torrents and fast speeds.
    BTW, yayyy, what is that command for exactly?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    BTW, yayyy, what is that command for exactly?

was just joinking... "rpm -e" = erase a package

and yes... rtorrent is outstanding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast