Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Post Locking

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well I being the guilty one for those bumps have an idea. All those really old posts are just cluttering up the data base. Why not burn them onto DVD disc or something, then the history is not lost. The idea of locking I feel is reasonable. Titey's idea after 30 days without a reply seems a good idea. Posting a link, why not? On the other hand it could serve as a reminder to some, if they now feel embarrassed, to be thoughtfull when posting?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i reckon itd be a shame to delete them, cos i sometimes flick thru the old ones..... search for stg and do in the opposite order (descending, ascending??) but theres no need for them to be resurected so much
    <insert signature here>

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by titey+5 August 2003 - 07:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 5 August 2003 - 07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Somebody1234@5 August 2003 - 06:11
    Perhaps we could just ask those people to not keep bringing back those old topics?
    No offense, Somebody.... but YEAH RIGHT&#33;

It always works so well when we ask people to search before they post questions, or to read the FAQ&#39;s before posting shite&#33;

I&#39;m sure it would be similarly effective. [/b][/quote]
    I suppose your right, titey. We might even see it happen more often if we make a rule against it.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Vivitron 15 or Somebody1234 who can help me with my site??I want to look better and i don&#39;y know too much .

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@5 August 2003 - 06:26
    We might even see it happen more often if we make a rule against it.
    Good lord... I hadn&#39;t even thought of that&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by sharedholder@5 August 2003 - 12:31
    Vivitron 15 or Somebody1234 who can help me with my site??I want to look better and i don&#39;y know too much .
    Oi, get your own topic, this one&#39;s mine. If there&#39;s any hijacking to be done I&#39;m quite capable of doing it myself.

@nigel How come I had posted in all those threads you dragged up? Are you stalking me ?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@5 August 2003 - 11:53

@nigel How come I had posted in all those threads you dragged up? Are you stalking me ?
    no i am. look out your window to the left and you might see someone in panties and a ballerena outfit,

8. Lounge   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    Damn, where&#39;s me camera, you look so sexy in those.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@5 August 2003 - 06:57
    no i am. look out your window to the left and you might see someone in panties and a ballerena outfit,
    Oh, I thought that was Ohgr&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #20
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx@5 August 2003 - 13:53

To be honest I did&#39;t read any that I bumped. Yesterday there was a negative feeling in the lounge so being a bit fed up I thought to myself,"I wonder what&#39;s the oldest post&#33;" So I went to have a look. Then I thought that it might distract from all that negativity. So I bumped a few. Now I see today that you figured in them. Oh, I did read the post to Rozie though&#33; One of the posts I bumped ended up in games world, that surprised me. As magic pointed out I could not find the oldest post in the manner that I tried.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast