Thread: Reported Posts Function

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If a report on a post is made, then someone else makes the same report, the post moves from the viewable list probably to the second or subsequent person that makes the report?

Surely it should always be viewable by the initial reporting member?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Threads in the report section are so set so the thread starter and Staff are able to view them. If a post is reported again its put in the same thread so those members reporting the same post wont be able to view them since they arent the thread starter for it. Its a touch buggy but the way it is. Think that answers what your asking...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I was the thread starter recently and that thread disappeared from view, it was there to start with, I reckon it went to another thread reporter, but I could not view the FU action as the thread has disappeared from my viewable list. Maybe I was not the thread starter after all but it did appear in the report section for a while.

bla, bla, but I hope what I am trying to say is somewhat clear?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's possible your thread was moved out of the report section and into team chat / crew chat.
    We do that sometimes.

When 2 or more people report the same post the second poster's report gets merged with the first one.
    I never liked that and suggested to vbulletin developers that the report creation code should check the permissions that the admin has set and if the user is unable to view the thread that their post is going into then it should start a new thread.
    They didn't incorporated that though.