Thread: Pc Or Laptop

I'm soon gong to be getting a new computer due the one I have now being severally crap. I've never had any experience with Laptops and was wandering if they're generally better than PC's. I need a machine that would be good for graphics/games/video.

Are PC's and Laptops more or less the same? Does one use up more electricity?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if you wont have it out the house, or ever need to use it protabily, just get a pc, they are far cheaper, and youll get alot better pc for the same price. i think laptops usualy use about a 1/4 the electricity than a normal pc does.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey...whatever you do dont buy hp...im serious...wowwww how many of those things have i seen that my friends have and there HORRIBLE??...maybe 20...and im only 14 and been into computers for about 3 years...thats alot..never seen a bad dell or gateway bud Newayz..my friend had an HP laptop...its ok for gaming..i mean for exstreme gaming hell no...not unless u spend 3 grand on the new radeon mobiliy in the Aleinware...128MB..pretty nice but way to exspensive...i would go with the PC...more exspandable...less problems...doesnt run as hot...CHEAPER lol...unless your a collage student...then a laptop would prob work best lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the advice, I've been using PC's for 5 years now, so I'll stick with them.

btw, here are my specs if anyone would like to laugh at them

266MGHZ
    124MB
    3D Accelerator: Prophet II MX PCI
    and one very very slow CD Drive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Eric_Holtz@5 August 2003 - 14:43
    I'm soon gong to be getting a new computer due the one I have now being severally crap. I've never had any experience with Laptops and was wandering if they're generally better than PC's. I need a machine that would be good for graphics/games/video.

Are PC's and Laptops more or less the same? Does one use up more electricity?
    if you are gonna play games or other graphic intensive tasks I SERIOUSLY suggest that you buy a desktop

desktop has got more power than laptop for the same buck, good graphic card, more expendibility and cheaper too

laptop is only good if u r a business man and need word processing stuff and presentations and stuff

I bought a laptop and can't play shit so I bought another desktop computer exclusively for games. NOW i dont use my laptop anymore

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Eric_Holtz@5 August 2003 - 16:09
    Thanks for the advice, I've been using PC's for 5 years now, so I'll stick with them.

btw, here are my specs if anyone would like to laugh at them 

266MGHZ 
    124MB 
    3D Accelerator: Prophet II MX PCI 
    and one very very slow CD Drive   
    dunt wry bout it... i had my p1 100mhz 32mb ram for 6yrs... i finnaly got a new com a few months ago

p4 2.66ghz
    512mb ram

---

surprisingly there really is no difference in p1 and p4 when your not playing games or after you run an application...

like word is the same speed... booting into your os theres like a few minute differnce (3 minutes).... but other then that its still all good...

bytheway yea... a desktop is better since my friend brought a notebook(mac) for a trip and he messed it up in a week since he was traveling with it everywhere... luckily he had a warranty.... anyways desktop u can upgrade more easily...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I've been from a Pentium 2 to 3 and now 4.