Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is the meaning off DISABLED PRIVS

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    you are a bad boy, you broke the rules. now face the consequences
    look at it from the better side, nobody can beg you for an invite via pm

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    They Are always fair in my experience , all staff here at FST.Is really no need to question their decision on little things like this.

I was wondering why myself.Cine will be back soon

Members that cheat and lie continually to get invites-send Bt rep that is accusing a member of a action they never did,Holding fake giveaways-fake proofs-ect are reasons to disable privileges for good, i would think?
    Last edited by pone44; 12-19-2008 at 07:41 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    yeah, not having access to bt sections during 30 days is not a problem for me, the point is that i'm disabled privs for making fun while reknown scammers/cheaters/traders are totally free to get multiple accounts and trade invites they got from honnest members, get banned from trackers for cheating, steal other people's ratio proofs etc...

Well, i think that some persons from fst staff take their job too seriously by enforcing rules like bots without any critical thinking... and they're proud of that (the bored attitude you know).

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Members have been banned for rep abuse, so don't take it as a joke. Whether you choose to use it or not, rep is there for a reason, mostly to give an idea of how trusted a trader is. We have a strict policy against abusing rep, be it be making multiple accounts to rep yourself, repping someone for a trade they did not do, or directly asking for rep when an invite/account is not being given. I fully support Barbarossa's infraction, because members in general need to understand that abusing rep is not taken lightly. For me there is one warning and then you're gone for good; I don't even give three strikes.

If you have a problem with rep then ignore it. There is an option to disable your own rep in the user cp. Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-19-2008 at 08:40 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    yeah, not having access to bt sections during 30 days is not a problem for me, the point is that i'm disabled privs for making fun while reknown scammers/cheaters/traders are totally free to get multiple accounts and trade invites they got from honnest members, get banned from trackers for cheating, steal other people's ratio proofs etc...
    Sadly true, and because of that, absolutely unfair and infinitely ridiculous the punishment you got.
    Itīs a shame, this site could be unique but I give up, some people, in many cases those who under any circumstance shouldnīt, do a lot of things for keeping this like a latrine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Me<3You View Post
    Means Skizo doesn't like them.
    Then I am screw, I must be next, he hates me.

Well, i think that some persons from fst staff take their job too seriously by enforcing rules like bots without any critical thinking... and they're proud of that (the bored attitude you know).
    It is funny and ridiculous that moderators can disable your account just because they don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    They Are always fair in my experience , all staff here at FST.Is really no need to question their decision on little things like this.

I was wondering why myself.Cine will be back soon

Members that cheat and lie continually to get invites-send Bt rep that is accusing a member of a action they never did,Holding fake giveaways-fake proofs-ect are reasons to disable privileges for good, i would think?
    I agree that cheaters should be punish, but moderators here abuse their power because a difference of opinion they give you a warning, that is out of line big time.
    Last edited by pentomato; 12-19-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    If you have a problem with rep then ignore it. There is an option to disable your own rep in the user cp.
    well, i don't have any problem with rep points and i don't give a fuck about it, i have simply nothing to hide.
    Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.
    at my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong) members who falsely repped pone44 didn't get banned so in some way, rep system IS a joke.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 12-19-2008 at 09:22 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    gangstarr - just to get a rep.

edit: sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-19-2008 at 09:26 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well, i don't have any problem with rep points and i don't give a fuck about it, i have simply nothing to hide.
    Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.
    at my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong) members who falsely repped pone44 didn't get banned so in some way, rep system IS a joke.
    Why would I bring that up if it wasn't relevant? Of course some got banned; I had to ban a person today for repeated rep abuse. Maybe the others didn't re-commit the offense or were lucky and got dealt with by a more lenient mod. Next time, if you're unhappy with an infraction take it up in the report section and we can work something out. Complaining in public will not usually help matters.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-19-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast