Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Fans

how do it mount i?
    do i mount it on the cpu so it sucks or do i mount it to blow on to the cpu?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Miyake@5 August 2003 - 18:45
    how do it mount i?
    do i mount it on the cpu so it sucks or do i mount it to blow on to the cpu?
    this generaly depends on the heatsink that you are using, some work better with suck, some with blow.
    the best thing you can do is use goole and search about on the tech sites for your heatsink and see what the tests reveiled about the best way.
    Or you could run some tests your self - use some sort of temp monitor (motherboard monitor is good) and try the fan both ways and see which is best

HTH

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    im using cpu cool at the moment. sensor 1 is showing 38 oC and Sensor 2 is wavering between 20 oC and 30 oC

ive just flipped the fan and havent seen a difference yet.

does anybody know which sensor is which? if thers only 1 cpu temp why is ther 2 sensors showing different temps?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    i also have two and one is for the motherboard and the other for cpu.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Yeah, sensor 1 will probably be the CPU and sensor 2 will be the northbridge of the motherboard chipset.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lamsy yoou know way too much dude lol
    can you have a look at my new post i just made?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    uh... generally, the fan should be blowing the air AWAY from the CPU. the heatsink is acting as a radiator for the CPU, so you want use the fan to move the hot air away from it.

the fact that your CPU temperature is staying pretty low, and the fan isn't making any difference blowing in either direction just seems to indicate that your heatsink is working very well.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@6 August 2003 - 06:57
    uh... generally, the fan should be blowing the air AWAY from the CPU. the heatsink is acting as a radiator for the CPU, so you want use the fan to move the hot air away from it.

the fact that your CPU temperature is staying pretty low, and the fan isn't making any difference blowing in either direction just seems to indicate that your heatsink is working very well.
    Nope, cpu fans generally blow towards the cpu.
    If your food is too hot, do you blow on it or suck the hot air away from around it ?

The case fan is for removing the hot air.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ex-member
    Yeah, the idea is that you blow more cool air onto the heatsink, so the heat can be transferred to the cool air and taken out of the case by the chassis fan.

Diagram of airflows:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast