Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Windows 2000 Error

i just finished putting together a computer... n the hard drive is new... i just popped in windows 2000 boot disks... and im getting this error... see pics

picz~

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Have you by any chance got a board with KT400 chipset and DDR400 memory ?

Please give a few more details and we may be able to help.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    um i cant realy see the problem from your pics, ther a bit unclear.
    have you been over the bios from top to bottom?
    try bootdisks.com
    they might beable to sort you out with new disks, dos upgrades and what not
    just a suggestion

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    another think. have you Kdisked it and formatted it properly?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well itz a new hard drive... so its in the process of formating... the ram is pc2100 512mb... asus motherboard... forgot its name...

im trying xp now... but it froze in the middle of installing the devices... any clues why?... i've installed xp twice with the cd but its a burned one from kazaa....

my xp boot disk unfortunately just died well the 6th one..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    It looks like a copy error during installation. If the Bios is not set to run at optimized default, if the drive has not been properly fdisked and formatted, if the jumpers are incorrect, you will see this.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    if you have problems installing Windows, you should try stripping the computer down to the bare minimum of parts that it needs in order to function. i.e. motherboard, processor, video card, one stick of RAM and CD-Rom.

take out the other stuff like the floppy, sound card, network card, etc. you can install that stuff later, after Windows is installed. the main thing is just to eliminate as many potential hardware problems as you can, while you're installing Windows.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Microsoft technet has 78 entries for stop 0x0000001e.
    Many of them are hardware related.
    But if you can't be bothered to post what hardware you've got, why should we be bothered trying to work out which one may apply.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    this is hardware or bios issues, had them myself on a few installs of xp on a few pc,s, go into bios and load failsafe settings if option is there if not manually go thru ya settings and disable things like caching, agp fastwrites and any ultra dma settings for your hardrive and cdrom, also set ya memory settings to safe instead of ultra or fast. in fact any settings that are enhanced settings. you could do these things one at a time if you like if you are interested in whats causing the problem but i just turned them all off. when os is installed you can just turn them all back on and windows will find them on boot. hope this helps

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i say it was my burned disk or maybe my refurbished hard drive... i don't know i ended up installing windows xp a couple of hours later but that took me 3 hrs lol.. cd wouldnt run first then my boot up disk died... :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast