Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hdbits.org help

Poster BT Rep: +2
    this sucks my account got disabled too, the site is full to isnt it?
    Last edited by HighRoller99; 04-02-2008 at 02:41 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    total crazyness.
    what's next?
    official language on the tracker will be set to hindi?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    That's such a lame rule. I gave my account away to a good friend of mine after learning about this. There's some periods where there just isn't any shit that you want, so you shouldn't have to download a bunch of unwanted crap just to keep your account active.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if you really want it you can dld and upload a GB wtf ? is that so hard ?.. no i don`t think so yesterday i up`ed some Gigs without seedbox or stuff like that

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I was hoping it was an April Fool's day joke.

But it is a slightly ridiculous rule. In my opinion, I use the site often enough to earn my place there, yet still banned for inactivity. I can't download tons of movies constantly, my ratio would be terrible. I typically would seed, and when I cashed in my seed points, I'd grab a few movies.

I don't even have that kind of time, nor the the space, nor the interest in that many movies to be CONSISTENTLY active that often. (And I picked the wrong week to be busy.)
    It's unfortunate, I'll have to find a new HD site.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    no its a great rule.
    it makes the stupid tracker collectors gtfo, and keeps the proper users that use their account as normal.
    if you whine, its because you didnt need the tracker to begin with, its a high definition tracker, not your "aXXo" rips. a single episode download per week would be enough to keep you in there and yet, you couldnt even do that.
    i am 1000% sure you will not be missed from in there.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Not having a GB of upload/download amount EVERY week, does not make you inactive.
    Not logging in for over a week, I could see. OR more importantly, not being registered as a seeder for over a week.

There could've be more efficient ways to prune out "collectors". But really I don't care if they banned me - not because I didn't use the site, but because it's replaceable and it's only a BT tracker. The biggest regret of the situation is that a friend of mine had an invite wasted.

By the way, there are people who watch TV shows on TV, thus eliminating only having to download an episode a week to stay in there. Unless, of course, you start to download stuff you won't even watch just to stay alive at a tracker. Which is kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

There are plenty of reasons why a normal human being might not be able to comply with those strict rules.

Though the banned users might not be missed, I can't imagine that it has made the site any better. They could've banned people who hit n run, or who have lousy ratios instead.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    dcliffnotes's Avatar AmericanPinoyGuammie BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    yeah man my acct got disabled too. i always left them torrents seeding. its not my fault users wont download old torrents from me. never hit n run nor cheated. sucks, i guess the site has other plans. its cool though

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    oh my god. there's a site that needs you to download one movie per month. how dare they. i mean trackers are there to get a high buffer and invites not to download content, right?

how can they make such a cruel rule? it's a shame.

do not download anything from your trackers. it will have an immediate effect on your e-penis and it will reduce your buffer.

trackers are there to have them and to buffer them. downloading is evil and decreases your ratio (<-- most important thing in the world).

bad bad hdbits. downloading sucks!!!!

next thing they want me to do is watch movies - no way!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Nice one Polarbear, I enjoyed reading your post. Well, I guess the rule is fair enough. HD movies are large anyway. It would translate to one movie (4gb) a month as someone said. Damn, I watch movies almost every night. I can't survive 1 movie a month.

It's good that inactive users are disabled so that new hopeful user like me would have the chance to get in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast