Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Felt like resurrecting this since this season has simply been the most amazing television I have seen in years.
    Considering that you are somewhere in the ballpark of 14, what you are saying is that Breaking Bad compares to shows from your "early years". Would you say Cranston is in the same league with greats such as Elmo, Spongebob, and Dora the Explorer?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    True stuff.....as good as any other show has ever been, this one beats them all by miles for its all round top notch execution. The direction, cinematography (I am assuming this is the department that deals with camera angles and such), writing...all of them are are stellar and to bring it across the screen, you have the most dependable set of actors in Cranston, Aaron Paul and the rest.

And as Rart mentioned earlier, this has to be the best season thus far....started off slow & intense but it always bore that impeding sense of doom; finally coming to a head in this week's episode. The final five minutes literally had me shivering (it must be among the best moments in whole of TV history). Aaron Paul has been awesome as hell as this season but Bryan Cranston in those final five minutes surpassed one and all.
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-04-2011 at 01:45 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Yeah but is it as good as Seinfeld Louie?
    As much as I love this show, and I really do, I would drop it before I dropped Louie.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This seasons character arcs have been amazing and it's impossible to tell how it's all going to work out.

As Walt convinces himself he's a total badass, he's actually made worse and worse decisions.
    Meanwhile, Jessie, Skyler and Hank have all grown sharper and more capable and the vastness of Gus's control continues to be revealed.

Basically, Walt has morphed from the hero to the everyone's biggest liability...so who's going to take him down?

I used to think Skyler was going to take out Gus, now it seems possible she'll take out Walt and partner up with Gus.
    Jesse can cook the blue and has been battle hardened in Mexico...he really doesn't need Mr. White any more.
    Hank got interested again (thanks to a drunken Walt), climbed out of bed and is only a whisker away from exposing the whole ring.

All of the options are so tantalizing.....
    Last edited by clocker; 10-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'm curious clocker, how are you making the Skyler-Gus link?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    Skyler is my "dark horse" character, she's proven to be much more resilient and clever than first seemed possible.
    As Walt slipped to the dark side he turned to violence; as Walt dragged Skyler into his world, she became more devious and manipulative...essentially, she becomes a female Gus.
    Certainly Gus- and increasingly, Skyler- realize that they're involved in a business, a business that demands a low profile and immense self control whereas Walt is now almost completely ego-driven and impulsive.

I've always assumed that Gus was going to make it through the end, the question is, who would survive along with him?
    Skyler is the only one playing like Gus and it seems possible that he'll recognize that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Please someone do me a favor and kill Walt.

Otherwise the show is indeed better than ever, the episode in Mexico with the cartel and the last one were epic.

8. Movies & TV   -   #118
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Skyler is my "dark horse" character, she's proven to be much more resilient and clever than first seemed possible.
    As Walt slipped to the dark side he turned to violence; as Walt dragged Skyler into his world, she became more devious and manipulative...essentially, she becomes a female Gus.
    Certainly Gus- and increasingly, Skyler- realize that they're involved in a business, a business that demands a low profile and immense self control whereas Walt is now almost completely ego-driven and impulsive.

I've always assumed that Gus was going to make it through the end, the question is, who would survive along with him?
    Skyler is the only one playing like Gus and it seems possible that he'll recognize that.
    Skyler is resilient, yes and clever perhaps but she is just as egoistic as Walt (remember her earlier confrontation with Bogdan) and almost as bad at handling crisis situation (the whole Ted situation could have been handled much better). Essentially, she is closer to a female Walt than Gus. Also, you seem to be forgetting that Walt and Skyler have two children together who Gus threatened to kill.

Gus even though in a class of his own became much more aggressive than his usual self in the last episode. Walt totally cornered now, has no other option but to fight back. There will be a showdown between Walt and Gus this week or the next.....no way Walt will die in that (you cannot seriously expect that they will kill off the main protagonist with one whole season left), so that leaves Gus or may be Jesse?!
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #119
    Don't forget Hank, he's a danger to everyone.

10. Movies & TV   -   #120
    maddog47
    hello!!

than x dude this is awsome!!
    Last edited by maddog47; 10-03-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast