Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using linux box/rtorrent, should i switch to utorrent?

Johnneke's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    What is nTorrent?

/me saves Google skillz for setup
    A webgui for rTorrent

rTorrent ftw!!!! <3

Powered by 100mbit VPS-Box (60GB-µtorrent) / 100mbit Dedicated (160GB-rtorrent)

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    utorrent, rtorrent and azureus - all of these clients rock. whichever you use is really a matter of preference i think, as well as amount of RAM on computer. in terms of transfer speeds when torrenting, there is no difference that i'm aware of.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    On your Debian box are you managing the box as root or as a limited user? On etch I've had trouble running utorrent in wine without root privileges so I stick with an rtorrent/nTorrent combo. wtorrent looks really good but you'll have to install rtorrent from svn and some Debian ppl don't like testing/unstable stuff. Anyways rtorrent is rock-solid and build for linux so i'd stick with it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i like utorrent i hated rtorrent too bland
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    but a friend of mine tried wTorrent, and seems that it's really good Just got a look at it myself, looks sexy so Ill try it out myself.
    dude i just get wTorrent setup and wowsers its very nice !! a full-fledged web interface to rtorrent...

but i have got to admit it was a BEAR to get it installed... my ubuntu skills are a bit rusty but regardless it was very complicated to get all the required packages, HTTP daemon with PHP fast-cgi etc etc etc...

but i think its worth it cause the interface is very sweet !!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I would stick with rtorrent and if you want an webui, use wtorrent. However, if rtorrent is good enough, you can use screen and manage rtorrent that way. Either way, rtorrent was built for linux and it is awesome and solid.

Ultimately it depends on personal preference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12