Thread: Microsoft Sidewinder

Poster
    I got a Microsoft sidewinder and I want to know what games support, it? Avp2 wont work with it, tomb raieder will, I duno abouyt sof2, progect igi2, or chaser? ANyone know any driver updates?

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    The Control should support everygame but i don't know why you want to play FPS WITH A CONTROLLER thats INSANE....

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    I was getin tired of the keyboard, i will just keep it, might not return it.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I bought one of those controllers and let me tell you,it was only one day before I returned it.Total piece of crap.I did however make myself a copy of Tony Hawk 3 that came with it.lol
    Try a logitech wingman,that is what I bought and I am quite happy with it.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    You should try the Nostromo N-45 those are the best!!!!!

6. Games   -   #6
    most PC games, if they don't support gamepads/joysticks immediately, should have an option in the config file that you can edit in Notepad to enable pad/joystick support.

i'd also suggest a Logitech Wingman pad, if the Sidewinder doesn't "do it" for you. Logitech drivers come with a program that lets you program the gamepad buttons to substitute for keyboard commands once you start the game. this works for games that have absolutely no joystick support because the Logitech can act as a replacement for the keyboard.

7. Games   -   #7
    BANNED
    weird..... but whatever...

"tired of the keyboard"? WTF IS THIS? are you serious? man how bout if u count how many keys the KEYboard has and then count how many buttons the controller has.... get my point?

DWk

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 August 2003 - 05:45
    most PC games, if they don't support gamepads/joysticks immediately, should have an option in the config file that you can edit in Notepad to enable pad/joystick support.

i'd also suggest a Logitech Wingman pad, if the Sidewinder doesn't "do it" for you. Logitech drivers come with a program that lets you program the gamepad buttons to substitute for keyboard commands once you start the game. this works for games that have absolutely no joystick support because the Logitech can act as a replacement for the keyboard.
    You can do that with the N-45 aswell plus you can use one of the Sticks to work like the mouse....