Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: i might be creating a tracker

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    let me start off my saying that this won't be the next super-secret invite-only (well, it might be invite only at some point) 0day tracker with a different agenda, just read what i have to say ...

as you may or may not know, i am a huge fan of stand-up comedy: anyone from eddie izzard to buddy hackett to george carlin to richard pryor is good in my book, but i do not see a niche tracker for only stand-up comedy

i was thinking, if i did create a tracker for stand-up comedy, to start small; maybe 2,000 or 3,000 members open signup, and then invites after

what do the rest of you think about this?
    Nah i dont like stand up comedy,but good luck with your site.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Sup Bro.
    We had a Comedy Club at one point and it was hard to get off the ground. As you know we've also had some great comedy/stand up packs and while they are somewhat popular, they are no where near as popular as other packs.
    I dont mean to burst your bubble but you might try to bring some packs to trackers and see how popular it really is. I dont think you can gauge the popularity of a tracker by posts on FST. It takes a lot of time/effort to put up a tracker and FST might give you a false sense of destiny.
    Proud Member of:

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    eatpepsi's Avatar Veni, vidi, vici BT Rep: +4
    ^^
    Thats what i meant when i said that Only Stand-Up comedy wont work.. May be dedicated comedy tracker with everything that is comic.. Be it Old Comedians or Good comedy TV shows.. Combined this can work...
    - Prayer must never be answered: if it is, it ceases to be prayer and becomes correspondence. -

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Sup Bro.
    We had a Comedy Club at one point and it was hard to get off the ground. As you know we've also had some great comedy/stand up packs and while they are somewhat popular, they are no where near as popular as other packs.
    I dont mean to burst your bubble but you might try to bring some packs to trackers and see how popular it really is. I dont think you can gauge the popularity of a tracker by posts on FST. It takes a lot of time/effort to put up a tracker and FST might give you a false sense of destiny.
    +1

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Count me in th0r. I believe in your work and I would be really looking forward to it

We are saturated with 0-day trackers and niche is the way to go. And I out of watching all my favorite standup comedians on youtube

It would be great if we can add more categories like other people suggested and make it a complete comedy tracker

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Great idea! There are already too many general 0-day trackers. The trick to being successful I think is to create your own niche as you already are thinking. I'm certain there will be demand for a dedicated comedy tracker including mp3, movie, stand-up etc. I'm interested!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Feeling Clammy
    Knowing th0r i would stay away from the tracker but im sure it will be all shiny thanks to his gfx skillz

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    eatpepsi's Avatar Veni, vidi, vici BT Rep: +4
    lol he's not gonna bite you
    - Prayer must never be answered: if it is, it ceases to be prayer and becomes correspondence. -

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I think is a good idea but try to add some more categories...

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    This sounds awesome. I wish I had standup to upload, but I only have bandwith. I really hope you make this tracker, enough that I created an account here finally and stopped lurking.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast