Thread: Bus service in UK

Just curious what the bus service is like in your area of the UK (price & reliability), cos i reckon Bristol must have the most expensive and worst bus service in the country and i intend to write to the council & mayor.

Even wikipedia says the First bristol bus service in Bristol is a big steaming pile of shit.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The only time I see buses is when they're replacement services for the duff trains. True story.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I never use the bus, however I use the train on a daily basis (weekdays). It is almost invariably on time. When not it's literally a minute or two late, at most. In the last year two trains have been cancelled, both for my journey home. However the next one, half an hour later, was on time.

Cost wise, I pay under £40 for a monthly ticket (month not 4 week) which is cheaper than it would cost me to drive. Fucking cheaper if you were to factor in parking. People who buy their tickets daily would pay around £60.

All told I am very happy with the service.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I use teh busses. They are fine for me.

London > Bristol
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    everywhere (except southampton) > bristol

6. Lounge   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    I never use the bus, however I use the train on a daily basis (weekdays). It is almost invariably on time. When not it's literally a minute or two late, at most. In the last year two trains have been cancelled, both for my journey home. However the next one, half an hour later, was on time.

Cost wise, I pay under £40 for a monthly ticket (month not 4 week) which is cheaper than it would cost me to drive. Fucking cheaper if you were to factor in parking. People who buy their tickets daily would pay around £60.

You take an actual train? Or is it a subway (underground)?
    How far do you travel?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

You take an actual train? Or is it a subway (underground)?
    How far do you travel?
    An actual train, that I do. You seem strangely surprised by this.

I'm not sure how far I travel. 6 or 7 miles I think but that could be nonsense.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I take the subway (london underground -tube )