Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: trade invites for everything

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    recently more and more people who don't have invites to trade just offer their seedboxes, paid game accounts, rapidshare accounts or anything that has a monetary value.

on the other hand people trade invites for seedboxes etc.

the new trend seems to be: why should i pay for a seedbox if i have bittorrent invites. there are people who have permament access to seedboxes without having spent a single cent. they "pay" with their invites.

is this fair against others who pay with their (or daddy's) hard earned money?

of course this has nothing to do with selling/paying for invites because there's no direct money transfer involved, right?

is there really a difference?

if somebody offered his new grafic card in "exchange" for invites, would that be ok as well?

why not trade prepaid mobile phone cards for example?

invites were given for free and they're meant to be free. to trade them for something that has a monetary value is nothing else than selling them in my opinion.

paying cash for accounts/invites is totally frowned upon, but to buy something and trade it afterwards is perfectly fine i guess.

selling accounts/invites for cash is the most evil thing to do, but to trade them for something another one has paid for is perfectly fine i guess.

cash is a piece of paper. it only has a value because you can trade it for commodities.

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    Last edited by Polarbear; 04-04-2008 at 03:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I agree with your post, but consider that someone initially paid for a seedbox to increase ratio and get invites in some tracker. Some others donate to some other tracker to get invites, so invites are not given always for free, sometimes include a monetary transaction.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    All i can say really is i have to agree with you other than that somebody else will always think of new ways to trade and profit from nothing. Only if life were that easy to profit from nothing. The rules here also state you can trade non bittorent related stuff being there's torrent stuffs involved in the trade. Maybe it could be reviewed if enough people agree and stand by what you say maybe adding a poll would be an idea?
    Last edited by sleepyy; 04-04-2008 at 10:22 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I agree with your view. Trading invites for seed boxes is almost equivalent to sell out an invite as both have monetary values.

God knows what will happen next..what else will be traded for the invites/accounts..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    people are willing to do anything for something they want if they i want it bad enough i wont be surprised to see people "selling thier sister for an ftn invite " in the future hehe

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    well i feel even paying for seedbox is stupid , we shouldn't spend money for filesharing . if u have money y not buy the original

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    invites were given for free and they're meant to be free. to trade them for something that has a monetary value is nothing else than selling them in my opinion.
    I agree. The morals of this section are full of shit in my humble, personal opinion.
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Not much you can do about it. I just give invites to people with good upload on other trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Polarbear I totally agree with you, but it's not a new trend.

Trading for seedbox access is one of the most common things for ages and it's the reason many trackers have shut down their invitation system.

I couldn't think of another reason for a member of an top tracker to trade his invites for anything else other than money or seedbox access.

Not much we can do. I agree with you benchez.
    Last edited by znik; 04-04-2008 at 10:43 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    recently more and more people who don't have invites to trade just offer their seedboxes, paid game accounts, rapidshare accounts or anything that has a monetary value.

on the other hand people trade invites for seedboxes etc.

the new trend seems to be: why should i pay for a seedbox if i have bittorrent invites. there are people who have permament access to seedboxes without having spent a single cent. they "pay" with their invites.

People can do whatever they want so if they want offer cars,pc and other shit,its they choice..and i also dont understand why u worry abouth that anyway,im sure u dont pay bills for guys that offers SB

is this fair against others who pay with their (or daddy's) hard earned money?
    ? if people can find the way how to cover the cost of SB i dont see any problem here

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast