View Poll Results: does religion really represent god?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 16.67%
  • no

6 33.33%
  • may be i dont care

4 22.22%
  • stop creating useless topics with useless polls....

5 27.78%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: does religion really represent god?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've been wondering a bit about the mueslies here, truth be told.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    In what way.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #23
    In every way possible, ever.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Indeed, everyone who is religious is ignorant and uneducated, who am I to argue with that. Particularly given the great minds who have decreed it so.

Tony Blair for example, there's an ignorant and uneducated chap. Went to Oxford University, became a Barrister, went on to lead one of the G8 countries. How ignorant and uneducated do you need to be. How much of a sheep, figuratively speaking, to run the country you were born in.

Let's get this clear right now. To say that you don't believe in God, fair enough. To say that you don't agree with religion, that's a matter for you.

However to suggest that everyone who does believe in God and who is religious is also ignorant and uneducated is frankly laughable and bigoted. Cherie Blair is a QC, how ignorant and uneducated do you have to be, not only be called to the bar but also to become Queen's Council.

How many people here are Muslim, Jewish, Christian or whatever. All ignorant and uneducated, I think not.
    Tony Blair only managed to become prime minister cause he supports newcastle. fact.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Indeed, everyone who is religious is ignorant and uneducated, who am I to argue with that. Particularly given the great minds who have decreed it so.

Tony Blair for example, there's an ignorant and uneducated chap. Went to Oxford University, became a Barrister, went on to lead one of the G8 countries. How ignorant and uneducated do you need to be. How much of a sheep, figuratively speaking, to run the country you were born in.

Let's get this clear right now. To say that you don't believe in God, fair enough. To say that you don't agree with religion, that's a matter for you.

However to suggest that everyone who does believe in God and who is religious is also ignorant and uneducated is frankly laughable and bigoted. Cherie Blair is a QC, how ignorant and uneducated do you have to be, not only be called to the bar but also to become Queen's Council.

How many people here are Muslim, Jewish, Christian or whatever. All ignorant and uneducated, I think not.
    Tony Blair only managed to become prime minister cause he supports newcastle. fact.
    Gordon brown supports raith rovers. Do you think supporting a shit football team helps one become prime minister?

Edit - I'm not being fair to raith rovers, they've won something while I've been alive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by callum View Post

Gordon brown supports raith rovers. Do you think supporting a shit football team helps one become prime minister?
    that's a thumb down for you, sir

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Oh and in response to the threadstarter I'd just like to say: WTF, brick of words.

Oh and there's no constant except that not everything can be proven or disproven at this point in time, when it comes to matters of the metaphysical.

Some organised religions can be, and have been, very bad things throughout history in some places. But not all of the concepts they embrace are inherently bad. It might even be argued that some have provided the means to create better civilisations, up to a point, as they lay down the law and motivate people to behave and conform to that civilisation's ideals with a better afterlife or some seriously nasty punishment from whoever's running the show, really.

Right now, maybe a lot of people need to rely less on organisation and more on introspection, what they think and not what's ordained, and for that matter let their children decide on what to believe themselves.

But if people want to be religious, and they neither hurt anyone, nor force their beliefs on anyone, I don't really see what the big deal is.

Let them have religion or something else.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    If you want a specific answer to whatever the hell you're on about, you'll have to sort out what you want to say a bit.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster

I really think you should pick a second team to support, one in Scotland maybe. Rangers would be your best bet, they are top of the league, still in 4 competitions and JP wouldn't like it.

10. Lounge   -   #30

I really think you should pick a second team to support, one in Scotland maybe. Rangers would be your best bet, they are top of the league, still in 4 competitions and JP wouldn't like it.
    If i wanted to supoprt a team at the level of the scottish premier, I'd support blyth spartans or someone

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast