Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Public Giveaway's, Trading Invites

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I donīt think both things are the same, but I do think both things are bad.
    Trading is about greed.
    Giveaways it has to do more with being irresponsible.
    With a rep point system,giveaways can also be looked at from the same bad angle as one looks at trading IMO.

That is debatable.
    You canīt put the same label to everybody.
    RP are like a double edge knife. A lot of Rep Points are nothing good at staffs eyes, having hundreds of RP itīs the best way for respected members and staff of any given site donīt take you seriously. That is what I think but I am not sure if itīs true.
    Iīm nobody in this world but if tomorrow Iīd have invites to those so good and desired sites I think that many RP that would decrease the chance.

In the other hand, if you donīt care about that or you goal it is not to be recruited for very exclusive sites in a fair way and you only want to get what you want with other users, well, in that case it seems to work.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Its the exact same thing, getting someone into a tracker that you dont know, you can screen applicants all you want when you give stuff away, sad part is, people can act any way or fake anything they want.

With all the uproar against trading here, I find those that are against it and do giveaways to be highly hypocritical and just basically people who are self serving and dont think about the consequences of what they do.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well from our POV.

if i was bothered about security, we wouldnt have 45,000 members or have had 320,000 members through our doors since Dec 2006.

the problem is we have had 320,000 members through our doors since Dec 2006 and we only have 45,000 members.

this means the 275,000 members, either cheated, traded, scammed, leeched, didnt like it, didnt know how we worked, just left etc etc.

and why should we keep opening, if 99% of the members we get in just dont care, all they want to do is get in and cheat or just not be a good member, and if they do get banned, they think, oh well i will just resign up and do it again.

and we dont have invites because they still need recoding, but we have that many changes and other things on the drawing board, its hard to find the time to do anything atm.

i understand the part in italic but there are alot of people looking to join ur site, maybe 60% of them might be there just to cheat but the other 40% wouldn't be.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    All I can say is earn your trust and respect from other members. I know it can be challenging at times to want to help out other people to make a good impression with good trusted members, but your intentions are sometimes misconstrued due to the fact that public giveaway's are in fact considered trading.

Also sometimes your making the community at said tracker worse by inviting a random person that you hardly know. What I can say is that most "Real Life" friends I know and most other people know nothing about Bittorrent or how it works.

The best you can do is get to know people online that knows how it works and in due time decide whether or not you can trust them. Asking for profile links to a few sites is a great way to measure how well said member is and is really doing as far as sharing and how he or her is in their respective communitites.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People must try to realize that the invite that you have in your greedy little hands in some ways does not really belong to you at all.
    In a very real way it still belongs to the site in which you got it.
    It came with a purpose and a very specific set of conditions attached and you should do your best to honour them.If you are reckless with it you may not suffer but they will.
    Maybe you don't care but you should.
    Many members here find it just too easy to gamble with other people's money.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-05-2008 at 06:25 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    ^^Good point. Also to all new members get to know the bittorrent world and all the rules involved. Especially on the particular tracker your apart of. It took me a few months after Oink.Me.UK shut down. For me to know whats considered right and wrong. I learned the majority of those things from FST.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Member BT Rep: +5
    My thoughts:
    This community ( private community) survives on invite trading it may have a few bad apples but it provided some people opportunity they may not have because where I live its rare to find other torrenters mostly faggotry using limewire and kaaza and invite trading provides me an opportunity to extend my reach on the web

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    I think that we need to trust in people even to get in to an upper level tracker

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    ^^

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I completely agree in that i think it's no big deal to give away lower level often open sign up trackers. Even if they aren't open sign up they flood you with so many invites that its impossible to get rid of them all.

Now, with upper level trackers I don't always know what people that I know are good FST'ers need. I use giveaways to find out want my friends and other good FST need.

Most people understand that with a higher level invite they gotta do all they can to make sure they invite a higher level user. For the most part for upper level giveaways alot of members do a good job looking for good users and not giving them away blindly.
    Higher level doesnt mean its a better tracker than a lower level one.

this is what pisses me off, ah well that tracker has 50,000 members, doesnt matter if they get any more scum in, i can invite who i like and even those i dont like, But.. this tracker only has 1,000 members i better be really picky and choosy who i invite to this tracker.

Higher level just means they want more security, not that they dont want noobs in, they probably would welcome the odd noob now and again tbh.

the lvls are shit and give the wrong impression completely about what tracker staff of those trackers want. the lvl 9 trackers are not trying to be elitist, and only ever get member`s that have been in the torrenting scene for years in (christ someone thats been torrenting for a day, can know just as much if not more than someone thats been torrenting for 5 years, its not rocket science). they just want security (wehter thats right or wrong is up to them).

Other trackers want to make a huge community, loads of seeds/peers and snatches on the torrents (as thats what filesharing is all about, to share) but also have good members in that lot, they have got the 300,000 noobs in in a year and taught them how to do it, or chucked them out if they didnt listen, but they want just as good members as those that are lvl 9.
    this is taken from FTNs faq.. a lvl 9 private tracker :
    "This site has been put together from a variety of sources by the talented coders that we are fortunate to have here. Our goal is to become a top, elite, torrent site where quality and speed are never compromised. We will be the best."

obviously there goal is to be the best at what they do, an elite private tracker..(nothing is wrong with that though,, noobs like myself appreciate what they have accomplished).

like you said torrenting is not rocket science, any avg user can actually learn how to be a good memeber in a very short period of time(if they want to become good memebers!)..that means it doesn't matter if many noobs register in your site..what really matters is to get the right people.

this is what pisses me off here in fst.. a dumb fuck user (whether an owner of a torrent tracker or a n00b) disrespects another user for no good reason..instead of trying to solve the problem. when i see a stubborn dumb fuck who keeps disrespecting a member in a thread..and doesn't want to stop.. i will and of course many others will diss u or a site for being a bad user here in fst who keeps bitching and complaining.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast