Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Public Giveaway's, Trading Invites

All Invites Are Belong To Me

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well some sites do think they are gods gift and better than the rest, but its only torrenting for christ sake, if they went down tomorrow another 50 would spring up in their place, or if a new protocol came out we would all die overnight probably.

we are a good games tracker, but we will never be elite, there is just no room for elitism in the P2P scene imo, and people grow up or go onto other things, or just get bored of filesharing for any number of reasons, so that means you will always have to have some trackers that take the noobs, who then in turn become good members for these "elite" trackers.

but why should we keep doing that for them. let them do it themselves for a change.

and this is where the lvls are fecked up as well, because they are lvl 9 they think they are elite, we are lvl 4 but have a [10] so the best of the best at what we do, we cant go any higher in that respect, but we are no where near elite, or any better/worse than any other tracker out there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well some sites do think they are gods gift and better than the rest, but its only torrenting for fuck sake, if they went down tomorrow another 50 would spring up in their place, or if a new protocol came out we would all die overnight probably.

we are a good games tracker, but we will never be elite, there is just no room for elitism in the P2P scene imo, and people grow up or go onto other things, or just get bored of filesharing for any number of reasons, so that means you will always have to have some trackers that take the noobs, who then in turn become good members for these "elite" trackers.

but why should we keep doing that for them. let them do it themselves for a change.

and this is where the lvls are fecked up as well, because they are lvl 9 they think they are elite, we are lvl 4 but have a [10] so the best of the best at what we do, we cant go any higher in that respect, but we are no where near elite, or any better/worse than any other tracker out there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    j-dye babe gimme a kiss

For Serving Community

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    well some sites do think they are gods gift and better than the rest, but its only torrenting for christ sake, if they went down tomorrow another 50 would spring up in their place, or if a new protocol came out we would all die overnight probably.

When people refer to a tracker being a level 1 tracker , I thinbk that most people are basing it off its difficulty in getting into that tracker. not so much on it's content, community etc. If levels where assigned by an average of all the category grades, the level institution would be turned upside down.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you and i know that, 60% of others dont, or they do but they still "have to have them all", and the higher the lvl the more they are willing to sacrifice, or the more BT rep points they think they need.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think we got to blame games like pokemon for the whole rarity and gotta to catch them all mentality.

Which brings me to a potential new sig:
    "Invites are like pokemon, I gotta catch them all!"
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-06-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    you and i know that, 60% of others dont, or they do but they still "have to have them all", and the higher the lvl the more they are willing to sacrifice, or the more BT rep points they think they need.

ok so if were to invite someone to ur site what would u be looking for bt rep point,

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    from here, tbh i would prefer not to, but when i was giving com rep i was asked to do the odd giveaway on here, so thats what im doing.

tbh i never look at BT rep, either low/high/invisible.

i dont even care about speed tests/ratio proofs as both can be faked quite easily.

In my giveaway thread, i tend to come up with a good question, and the ones that answer how i think they should answer, will get a PM.

but it wont be everyone, maybe 5-10 members from every giveaway, idf i just got everyone in, then i couldnt do any more giveaways in the future lol.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    from here, tbh i would prefer not to, but when i was giving com rep i was asked to do the odd giveaway on here, so thats what im doing.

tbh i never look at BT rep, either low/high/invisible.

i dont even care about speed tests/ratio proofs as both can be faked quite easily.

In my giveaway thread, i tend to come up with a good question, and the ones that answer how i think they should answer, will get a PM.

but it wont be everyone, maybe 5-10 members from every giveaway, idf i just got everyone in, then i couldnt do any more giveaways in the future lol.
    cool that's fair

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast