Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What.cd account disabled

ukgenius's Avatar Genius :) BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Question Mark

Hi I was kindly invited to What.cd by a member of this forum. I received the invite earlier today. I then activated the account. A few hours later I tried to log into the account but I couldn't and was given this message

"Your account has been disabled.
    This is either due to inactivity or rule violation."

I doubt it is due to inactivity as i had only been a member for a few hours and I did not do anything at all in the account: did not download anything or upload anything or do anything in the forum. Nothing. I can't work out what happened. Is there anything I can do?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You could try going to their irc network.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    OK thanks for the advice. How do I do that?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    use an irc client, i.e. mirc if you're on windows, or xchat if linux or w/e.

you'll have to connect to irc.what.cd and join the channel #what.cd-disabled

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks. I have never used IRC before and have downloaded both XChat and mirc. I can't understand how to use them so could you explain it to me please?

Ok I worked it out. The invite was given as part of a giveaway. Is that breaking any of the what.cd rules?
    Last edited by ukgenius; 06-17-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    find out if the person who invited you is also banned if so..there's no chance of getting your account back

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jheavey View Post
    Ok I worked it out. The invite was given as part of a giveaway. Is that breaking any of the what.cd rules?
    yep.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    make sure you now about music transcoding. what.cd like their users to upload music, and not just leech!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I spoke to Stewy on their IRC and he seemed reasonable and gave me my account back but disabled my invites, just like the person who gave me the invite

Well I don't know what transcoding means. I will upload music though, I will just find out about it when it comes to uploading the music.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    In a most basic definition, transcoding is encoding one music format to another. For example, encoding a OGG file to an MP3. However, some transcodes are not allowed. For example, encoding a MP3 file (lossy codec) to a FLAC (loseless codec) is not allowed.

Basically what you want to do is watch what you upload. There are some tools out there to verify if a given file is a transcode or not. If you're on What.Cd they have helpful guides that will go further into detail than I ever could

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast