Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Microsoft Gives Up On Vista

True but here comes also problem with compatibility with older programs...

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    I agree, think most people do not have the extra RAM to run Vista , thats why they have problems? Runs real smooth, so far. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    lol @ article and linux noob that wrote it.

true_neo said it all. this is clearly a biased article, and it's worth crap.

i've Vista Ultimate X64 and it runs smooth and hiperfast on my machine, uninstalled windows XP forever, and not coming back to it.

i've a fairly powerful machine (c2d e8400 @ 4,3ghz @ 4gb ram @ 7950gx2) and it certainly runs smooth, no drivers incompatibility at all, the online driver database works flawlessly, it makes a way better usage of the ram compared to XP, which simply doesn't use the RAM for anything and lets it stay unused there waiting for the bus...

soon i'll try out on my home seedbox server 2008, as i am really curious about it. that machine runs windows 2k3 and i love that OS.

2. News (Archive)   -   #52
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    My experience on running both on 2 separate computers is that I've found Vista to be more stable and has a nicer interface than XP. However, incompatibility is a big issue for me, which means I tend to use the less efficient machine

3. News (Archive)   -   #53
    lolapa's Avatar Poster
    bye vista!

4. News (Archive)   -   #54
    shit M$
    going to hell damn..

5. News (Archive)   -   #55
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i was all for vista but since release of Sp1 i finaly figure out why people so much hate it.
    usually fixs come out to fix things but sp1 is doing not only worse it damaging entire OS.
    i installed it to find out i get BSOD and cant figure out whats wrong i had to restore windows from an image.
    i thought it was only me but after few googling it turned out to be lots of users problem. many users are getting BSOD for verity of reasons.

if ubuntu wasnt so complicated for installing windows based softwares and games i would have gone for it.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. News (Archive)   -   #56
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    The Blue Screen Errors of Death, I thought, were common with service packs, strictly because of hardware drivers.

Anyways, waitin' for Vista SP3 disc before I go buy
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. News (Archive)   -   #57
    bigjoe75's Avatar FYC BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I'm glad i never upgraded to Vista, I just hated it. Never could get my programs and shit working right. sionara Vista.

8. News (Archive)   -   #58
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Me too!
    After this Vista-XP black fiasco i do not know which OS is the most stable? I admit, Vista works smooth if you have the right software and a upgraded-PC with a lot of memory, as Vista consumes a lot of space, older systems will work slower than with XP, obviously. I want to see Microsoft put out a COMPLETE, not buggy OS.....So waiting...Because of all the negative comments on MS products-Vista most of all. Expensive, people spent $ on upgrading to Vista and now they have to buy a new OS-SP3 if more stable (seems so.)? W- love reviews n comparisons on SP3-Vista-all MS OS's.
    Thanks-Hairbautt for keeping us up to date with all the news!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    The Blue Screen Errors of Death, I thought, were common with service packs, strictly because of hardware drivers.

Anyways, waitin' for Vista SP3 disc before I go buy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456