Thread: Those That Don't Share !

I'm sharing 51gb or so of files at the moment and think this is a fair amount. I am also running as a super-node so consider myself as a genuine participant with the wonderful Kazaa and all those who are connected. My question is this.......Is there any way in which I can allow uploads only to those who are shareing a minimum amount of files and not to those selfish, self-centered ones out there who just grab grab grab n log off, without me having to manually cancel their uploads.?????

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Y'know, in newer versions of K++ you can prevent other users from geting a list of your shared files, so even users who share will appire as non-shering leechers, this is a counter measure targeted on RIAA and so on. User names aren't also unique so it's quite hard (read: imposible) to make a banned user list.
    Prabobly there isn't a way of doing so.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ThanX for replying friend.......I just wish I was able to write a program that would cancel out sneaks. I appreciate that the newer Zazaa has file hidden capabilities but I wonder how many people out there would cut me off as I have been doing to them....Maybe I will just let anyone have what they want wheather they're fair or not.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    or you could switch over to soulseek where you can ban users who don't share.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    On the other hand you COULD write a program which would cut-off users with a certian Participation Level ( 1, 100 whatever, you name it) . It won't cut-off all leachers (K++ can set your PL on the highest level which is 1000), but you'll deal with a fair amout of 'em though.