Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Underrated Movie You Have Watched

SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    For me its Donnie Brasco . Very underrated movie .

Amazing acting by Al Pacino . Almost everyone can potray a gangster role but potraying a loser gangster was is extremely tough and i feel this is the best performance put up by Al Pacino in his career . Superb acting by Johnny Depp as well

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Don't really think that was underrated. It was nominated/won several awards.

For me, I always thought True Romance sneaked in under the radar and has never received it's due credit. It hold one of the best cast lists I've ever seen, and most of them were nobodies when the film was made.

Spoiler: Show

Downfall was another fantastic movie I watched about a year ago. It won some Cannes awards I think, but no one in the USA has even heard of it. Shame.
    Last edited by Skizo; 04-08-2008 at 04:58 PM.

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Don't really think that was underrated. It was nominated/won several awards.

For me, I always thought True Romance sneaked in under the radar and has never received it's due credit. It hold one of the best cast lists I've ever seen, and most of them were nobodies when the film was made.

Downfall was another fantastic movie I watched about a year ago. It won some Cannes awards I think, but no one in the USA has even heard of it. Shame.
    agreed it was nominated and won an award or two but imho i think it deserved to win much more awards ( too bad , a movie like titanic won all the awards that year and overshadowed quality movies like this and L.A Confidential ) and should be in atleast top 100 imdb movies of all time .

i also heard Downfall is a great movie but havent watched it yet , will watch it soon .
    Last edited by SaviouR; 04-08-2008 at 03:50 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    blood diamond

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Both of these are excellent movies no question,especially Downfall.
    But I don't think that they are so much underrated as just not being everyone's cup of tea.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Both of these are excellent movies no question,especially Downfall.
    But I don't think that they are so much underrated as just not being everyone's cup of tea.
    The same could be said for every movie. They all fall under a certain genre and everyone has a preference.

yo

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I thought of that when I posted.
    Just couldn't think of a better way to express my opinion.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    The butterfly effect

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    The Butterfly Effect has a cult following.

I'd have to say Swordfish. Didn't nearly get the recognition it deserved.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    "The Haunting" 1999

I feel like I'm the only person on Earth that likes this movie. It has some bad elements to it but I still find a lot of things about it I like. oh well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast