View Poll Results: how NOT to build a great torrent site?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • start out with freeleech 24/7

10 21.74%
  • only anti-traders

8 17.39%
  • choosing the wrong staff

22 47.83%
  • start out with level 10 in mind

24 52.17%
  • make it a secret site and let the secret leak

22 47.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how NOT to build a great torrent site?

Poster BT Rep: +2
    how not to build a great torrent site??
    1>start out with freeleech 24/7
    2>only anti-traders
    3>choosing the wrong staff
    4>start out with level 10 in mind
    5>make it a secret site and let the secret leak

1>freeleech 24/7 will not make the members use your torrent site more....it just makes people seed less atleast in the new trackers,they might just hit and run ...and it really affect the download speeds of others

2>please dont build a site for only anti-traders ...because traders will eventually get it no matter how big the site is...you just think u can catch them all but u really cant...try and find good members it doesnt necessarily mean anti-traders...dont judge a person because he has traded in the past,not every one is as smart as anti-traders,not every one start out in fst where they make a big deal about trading and anti-trading, all it does it make traders create an other anti-trader id in fst...its not really difficult to find honest people if you cant find then you r not really looking....and of course of course no one would make a traders only site.

3>when i said wrong staff i meant if the staff is a trader it really helps if their identity/past is not revealed atleast make an effort to hide it when you become staff because its against the principles of anti-traders and some of them might take this seriously and most of the anti-traders are good members they are just following rules...surely the site would be missing out a huge part of good members...

4>starting out with level 10 ...i dont know anything about levle 10 never been there but it just doesnt make sense...to start out with level 10 in mind....its not the site its the members that is level 10,soo probably it takes more then 1 month to find these members and make them like your site...give it time and if its suppose to happen may be it will...

5>making a secret site and leaking that secret is as bad as making a level 10 site...but no one wants a secret site to be secret....if u really want such a thing then create the site where you are the only member ....stop flaming people who are tryign to know these secret sites and all these names scl,ftn,fsc....doesnt make sense to me ,but you say its for security well if some one powerfull really wants to bring a site down...it wont take years or months ...they could do it in days...may be the govt is buzy doing other stuff...and they just dont want to bring down your site and these secret codes (sct,ftn,fsc) definatly wont stop them from bring you down,well you r trying to protect your site i wont really point fingers not that it would make any difference but atleast these new sites should try and not act like they are elite

i am not complaining but i just think its all happening too fast,may be thats y "rts,scn..." these trackers most of them give examples of which had the potential to make it big but got shutdown...learn from the past "dont try to do too many things in too little time..."..I REALLY WOULD HATE TO SEE THESE NEW TORRENT SITES I AM MEMBER OF TO BE SHUT DOWN and remember "ROME was not built in a day".....

I DONT REALLY KNOW MUCH i have tried to put little things i understood in the best possible way i can...i am not mocking at any torrent site,i was just trying to help... forgive me if i offended any torrent site or a group of people in an indirect way

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ivenkii's Avatar @ddicTed t0 u BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    only anti-traders

i love my country

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    A negative question with some negative responses, how strange.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ivenkii's Avatar @ddicTed t0 u BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    what do u mean dude????

i love my country

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ivenkii View Post
    what do u mean dude????
    Badly phrased, poorly presented, makes it difficult to work out what exactly the OP is getting at.

The question is "How not to build a great torrent site?"

The operative word in there is NOT, a negative, then there are some positive & negative options, so in effect have a double negative.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Most votes: LOL....

make it a secret site and let the secret leak

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    freelechhhhhhhhhh

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ivenkii View Post

what do u mean dude????
    Badly phrased, poorly presented, makes it difficult to work out what exactly the OP is getting at.

The question is "How not to build a great torrent site?"

The operative word in there is NOT, a negative, then there are some positive & negative options, so in effect have a double negative.
    if u r talkign about the option freeleech 24/7 and ONLY anti traders as postive....then i didnt mean for it to sound like that, i think both constitute a bad recipe for a torrent site no matter trader or anti trader they shouldnt be judged by what they have done in the past ....it would really help if you would read the explanation in my starting post... just to be clear as to what i meant all the above option is what u dont want your torrent site to be,when it still new...atleast thats what i meant for it to sound like
    Last edited by stitched; 04-10-2008 at 06:53 AM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tobiasz's Avatar Poster
    i think that free leech 24/7 is not so bad idea for new trackers when ppl are scarred about ratio..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobiasz View Post
    i think that free leech 24/7 is not so bad idea for new trackers when ppl are scarred about ratio..
    i personally think may be these new torrent site must have a ratio system initially and then filter out the leechers from seeders and eventually make their torrent site ratio free like in a year or so ...and thats y i created the other poll,i wanted to know if its just me or does any one else think freeleech is a bad option to start out a torrent site with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast