Thread: Task Manager

Running Windows XP

My task manager is playing up

Is there a way to reinstall it ?

I can see what url's are running but not any system crap.

All the tabs have gone ? it looks completely naked lol

Thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    use system restore to go back to a time it was ok, you will lose anything thats been done since the date you pick tho except docs, or norton sys works to check the registry. or try doing chkdsk on ya hard drive, explore "my computer" right click on ya hard drive, properties, tools, error checking and tick box to auto fix system errors, it may schedule one for next time you boot so click yes and reboot, it should do a check when it restarts. failing that just reinstall windows again using upgrade option.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Cherers for that !!!

So theres no way to reinstall it ?

pissing me off now big time.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would say just reinstall Windows XP. It will overwrite all the system files and also will correct this problem.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just double click in a grey area (anywhere in the window outside the textbox). That will bring back the tabs and menus.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by I.am@6 August 2003 - 20:54
    I would say just reinstall Windows XP. It will overwrite all the system files and also will correct this problem.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Xilo@6 August 2003 - 15:05
    Just double click in a grey area (anywhere in the window outside the textbox). That will bring back the tabs and menus.
    I would think that might have fixed his problem&#33; Unnecessary going into reinstalling is dumb
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    never to late to learn something new innit&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by boyzeee@6 August 2003 - 19:55
    never to late to learn something new innit&#33;
    ooooooooooooooh Yeah&#33; I always tend to think that all other options might have been exhausted before posting in the forum for help.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Xilo@6 August 2003 - 21:05
    Yeahhh double clicked and its working :-))

cheers mate.