Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF Is this the end of SuperTorrents ?

Urgent

Ersan (Yes the real Ersan) came into a bunch of well known tracker irc channels (DH, TD...) and pm'd all the users the following message.

"Just thought you guys would like to know- http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted...ents/#comments (Read last comment (comment number 195) ) No More ST & STM Enjoy it while it lasts."

So I checked out TF and this is a copy of what he is referring to:

195 Apr 10, 2008 at 14:57 by Karen

Hey sup guys I am a mod at ST, just to confirm that Ersan will be shutting down ST and STM due to a security breach with some of the staff members. Apparently, information such as IP’s, Email Address, Release logs etc were relayed to an external site. Due to this unfortunate event, some of our new staff were quickly demoted and banned. We are sorry for any problems caused, but it’s for our own good, and for the safety of all current ST and STM users, the sites will be shutdown soon.

—————————

Session Start: Wed Apr 09 13:27:52 2008
    Session Ident: #staff

[19:46] Anything you guys want to tell me ?
    [19:46] sup ?
    [19:47] well, I heard something about a staff member at ST being relaying data to another site..
    [19:47]…
    [19:47] WTF ? when was this ?
    [19:47] doesn’t matter when, what matters is who..and my guess is..
    * Ersan sets mode: +b *!*@DDD8DE.D72D56.FC449F.7FEA0F
    * Blackcore was kicked by Ersan (GTFO you stupid noob)
    [19:47] wow..
    [19:47] what was relayed ?
    [19:48] ip’s, user logs, release logs, email…
    [19:48] Omg…what’s going to happen now then ?
    [19:48] No idea, and I don’t think it’s safe to keep the two sites up…will be shutting them down soon, need to fix this up.
    [19:49]…

—————————

Well that's all I know for now, Ersan hasn't replied to my PM about this yet, but anybody else have info on this? I know this is not the first time ST was targeted, but this could have some kind of connection...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    200 Apr 10, 2008 at 19:22 by Ersan (comment 200)

All of the above, and more than likely below, is untrue about supertorrents and stmusic. The sites will remain up, and I most certainly wouldn’t be spamming forums and comments stating it was going to be taken down if it were, it would just go offline. Sorry torrentfreak for inciting people to spam these comments, if I did in fact do so. I’m pretty sure that nobody’s taking any of this seriously, but just in case.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    STM is going down, forever? NO!!!

Thanks for the bad news

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post

Thanks for the bad news
    Read my previous post right above yours. Ersan responded to those ridiculous accusations. Also click on the link he is poster 200 on that link the OP provided.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    These are fake. No need to panic. Somebody just spamming everywhere.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post

Thanks for the bad news
    Read my previous post right above yours. Ersan responded to those ridiculous accusations. Also click on the link he is poster 200 on that link the OP provided.
    Oh, now that's better.

Thank you

PS: I was reading the thread and after reading it i've used the Quick Reply, that's why i didn't see your post because your post wasn't there

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3end View Post
    Ersan (Yes the real Ersan) came into a bunch of well known tracker irc channels (DH, TD...) and pm'd all the users the following message.

"Just thought you guys would like to know- http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted...ents/#comments (Read last comment (comment number 195) ) No More ST & STM Enjoy it while it lasts."

So I checked out TF and this is a copy of what he is referring to:

195 Apr 10, 2008 at 14:57 by Karen

Hey sup guys I am a mod at ST, just to confirm that Ersan will be shutting down ST and STM due to a security breach with some of the staff members. Apparently, information such as IP’s, Email Address, Release logs etc were relayed to an external site. Due to this unfortunate event, some of our new staff were quickly demoted and banned. We are sorry for any problems caused, but it’s for our own good, and for the safety of all current ST and STM users, the sites will be shutdown soon.

—————————

Session Start: Wed Apr 09 13:27:52 2008
    Session Ident: #staff

[19:46] Anything you guys want to tell me ?
    [19:46] sup ?
    [19:47] well, I heard something about a staff member at ST being relaying data to another site..
    [19:47]…
    [19:47] WTF ? when was this ?
    [19:47] doesn’t matter when, what matters is who..and my guess is..
    * Ersan sets mode: +b *!*@DDD8DE.D72D56.FC449F.7FEA0F
    * Blackcore was kicked by Ersan (GTFO you stupid noob)
    [19:47] wow..
    [19:47] what was relayed ?
    [19:48] ip’s, user logs, release logs, email…
    [19:48] Omg…what’s going to happen now then ?
    [19:48] No idea, and I don’t think it’s safe to keep the two sites up…will be shutting them down soon, need to fix this up.
    [19:49]…

—————————

Well that's all I know for now, Ersan hasn't replied to my PM about this yet, but anybody else have info on this? I know this is not the first time ST was targeted, but this could have some kind of connection...

All this site going down claims are bullsh1t. Ersan has made a forum post about both sites future. He's actually going to make some improvements, not to shut any of them down.
    However since most of ST's uploaders have left the site, there is a shortage of daily uploads right now. But no shutdown in the horizon as i see it.

P.S.- The dude who made the thread has created similar threads at several other file sharing forums. Apparently he's pissed off at Ersan for some reason and is engaged in an smear campaign against ST. Lame
    Last edited by ramishka; 04-10-2008 at 07:19 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Mmmm... two posts and against somebody specifically... it sounds very suspicious to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    whiteyes's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Ersan (Yes the real Ersan)
    How do you know it's THE real Ersan came into irc channel?
    Everyone can join any irc channel using any nickname whcih isn't used by others at the same time.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Everyone seems to be defending the tardy sysop of ST, and yet none of you know the truth. Have you wondered why there is a shortage of uploads, or why the site seems to slowly degrade... He says he has plans to make it better, my guess is he'll make it even worse. When was this "Oo So Great" sysop ever did anything good. ST is a pay2leech site, and more than enough of you have handed your well owned money to this greedy sysop, so much that he's got enough money to feed the whole of Africa. Think of it in a logical way, why would such a crap tracker cost $2500 to run ? I have more information to be reveled, and if you think this is some BS, think again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast