Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Error message: process cannot access.....

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Not to be a dick or nothing but every thread you have made is asking for help on somethings that seem incredibly easy to figure out.Did you just get a computer recently or are you a young or something?Sounds like an asshole question i know but I'm actually being serious.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Okay, since Google is "my friend" i've used it and searched for your problem, and i've got in both uTorrent forum threads problems with Roxio.

The google search: http://www.google.pt/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

The uTorrent forum threads:
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=1407&p=1
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=320874

PS: BitTorrent 6 is the same thing as uTorrent

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster

Laugh

Holy Moly, HDR's got it! Here's a quote from one of the links he/she provided:

A third possibility is that you are viewing the folder while it's downloading, and Explorer is set to thumbnail mode. If this is the case, Explorer would try to access these files while viewing the folder in Thumbnail mode, and lock out µTorrent from writing. The solution is to not view the folder until the download is finished, don't use Thumbnail mode, or turn off flush files.
    It's also possible that Explorer is trying to read the media files (MP3, AVI and so on) in the folder to make thumbnails, show you information about them, or preview them. You can unregister the media indexer (Start -> Run -> regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll ), and/or unregister the image indexer (Start -> Run -> regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll ) as an alternative for either case, not view the folder, or turn off flush files.

In fact, I DID open the download folder during this past occurence of the error message and I DID have thumbnails enabled. The multiple error messages happened immediately afterward. I just thought of it as a weird coincidence. But, now that I think back, I opened the download folder (for whatever reason) the time before also when I got the error messages.

So, thanks very much, HDR. I will look more closely at the "turn off indexer" explanation above and try to get it done. I'm not too swift with computers. "However, problematic incidents, machines and people fortunately no longer bait me" -- shokan 2008

PS. thanks to all for yer assistance. MunkyBoy44 also mentioned the indexing problem early on.
    Last edited by shokan; 04-13-2008 at 02:00 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Finally! lol, glad you got it fixed

But was my fault because i should sent the links instead of talking about Roxio, that way your problem would have been fixed faster, sorry

Anyway, like i've said i'm glad that your problem is solves now

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster
    Roxio has a media indexer, so it's the same thing as the Explorer indexer action with the thumbnails I assume... so actually, you were correct. Thanks very much.

You know, when I opened the download folder to look at something and then the error messages popped up all over the place, I thought, "Well, that's weird. But how could just opening a folder have anything to do with anything?" So, I didn't even mention this in the thread. I mighta saved yez'all a bunch of posts if I had. Then again, I WOULD NOT have figured this stuff out in a million years on my own.
    Last edited by shokan; 04-13-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234