Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to get your foot in the door? (Metaphorically speaking)

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My dilemma at the moment is that I'm looking to get into a private music tracker (*NOTE* NOT A REQUEST), but I'm not really sure how to get started on the whole torrent trading scene. It seems like if I wanted an invite somewhere, I should have something to trade, as it's only fair. So I'm curious... how did you all get started? Is there a good site that's easy enough to get into, and then I could trade my way up? Or would it be better to just try to get decent ratios on some public trackers and then post those along with a speed test and hope that someone is feeling generous? Edit: Read my post at the end of this thread to see how this turned out in the end.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-07-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Well if you don't have any friends that might help you, don't lose your hope and begin trading.
    You could make a decent request in the invite section.
    Also a good way to get invites is through people (e-friends) from other trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    tbh there is no "easy" way, trading is the easiest though but if you are a trader you have less chance of getting into the hard to get in sites.

There is no simple solution, what works for 1 may not work for others.

all i can suggest is to be active here and on any trackers that your a member off, get noticed (even just good posts) and the offers will come, but it may take awhile and wont be a 5 minute job so you will need patience.

whichever way you decide to go, you will get someone saying its the wrong way, so its your decision in the end.

PS: there are plenty private trackers that are open, sign up to those first and do the above.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-13-2008 at 05:01 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    most of all people gave me away invite in DVDClub,SCC and a few less important ones...and i managed to register in TvT.ro which now its great!...
    Last edited by Simulador; 04-27-2008 at 05:38 AM.
    How are you guys doing today?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Here's my advice..

1.Be active and help others with what you know so far,you will learn more and more as you go.
    2.Share(not trade) what you have. Once you are seen sharing what you have and being active you will be rewarded.
    3.Be active in your trackers and respect their rules. You will not get far without doing this.
    4.Get to know other members and make a few friends.

I hope this helps!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    superclover's Avatar Weezy Baby
    dont trade
    make friends by giving what you have

=]
    ooooooooh! i get it, this is the part where i brag about what trackers i am on!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quylui's Avatar YAY FOR TRADING
    Being active on FST will get you absolutely nowhere.

The torrent scene has evolved since it first started; trackers are much more particular about who they let in and who they refuse access to. Since the day the RIAA began attacking music "pirates", trackers have been progressively closing their "doors". This in turn caused an influx of file-sharers to try to "get their feet in the door" as you said. At the present time there is a massive amount of people trying to squeeze their way in to trackers who must continue to progressively continue shutting themselves out from the rest of the world.

In short, you are not alone in trying to "get your foot in the door".

There are members here at FST from every tracker, but I can nearly guarantee that nothing will come of a request from here. Make a name for yourself on other private trackers and you WILL be noticed. Make sure you upload quality rips consistently if you are planning on uploading.

Lastly, "trading" now carries a detrimentally negative connotation. While giving someone an invitation in return for another was once widespread and conventional, "trading" as it is reffered to now is something that could potentially ruin your reputation.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post
    Here's my advice..

1.Be active and help others with what you know so far,you will learn more and more as you go.
    2.Share(not trade) what you have. Once you are seen sharing what you have and being active you will be rewarded.
    3.Be active in your trackers and respect their rules. You will not get far without doing this.
    4.Get to know other members and make a few friends.

I hope this helps!

yes listen to him ..it gonna take a while...trading is not a bad option...but its better if you avoid it....you can start with demonoid ..thats how i started
    Last edited by stitched; 04-13-2008 at 05:14 PM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. A few things I've noted:
    "Get noticed at private trackers"
    I'd need to find some first of all. Would you recommend simply checking the ones that periodically open each day hoping to get lucky?
    Don't these two contradict each other? I thought private sites generally kept tabs on the IPs being used by their users so that accounts can't be shared around.

As for friends who could help, my cousin recently got into waffles but he's not really sure about when he gets invites/whether he gets them period, so I figured I'd start looking around. Ultimately that's probably where I'd like to end up but I realize I need to start small.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    1. Be active here
    2. ???
    3. PROFIT!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast