Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad Blocker

BANNED
    K so lets see whats your opinion as for a GOOD... (yes i mean GOOD one)

I tried the one at www.browserpal.com and its awesome. However, i dont like the lil toolbar you HAVE to have on Ie..

any ideas?
    DWk

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ok home boy or girl.
    Just stop using Internet Exploder (too many holes). first of all, install mozilla firebird (google search), which has an onboard ad blocker and works quite well. Also install Spybot Search and Destroy (google search) which should keep you clean from adware.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Just Right click on the bar that appears on top of IE and uncheck " Browser pal Toolbar "

That should do it, or get OPERA...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    lol open IE again...u shall see it again...so that shouldnt do it...

However my question was meant for ppl to tell about other ad blockers they know are good..

thx for the advise tho
    DWk

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@7 August 2003 - 03:16
    Just Right click on the bar that appears on top of IE and uncheck " Browser pal Toolbar "

OPERA!!!! just get that and u will never have to worry about pop-ups, or slow start up like mozilla

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by there is no god+7 August 2003 - 04:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (there is no god @ 7 August 2003 - 04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz-Y@7 August 2003 - 03:16

OPERA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; just get that and u will never have to worry about pop-ups, or slow start up like mozilla [/b][/quote]
    he is rite, all u have to do is get Opera

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    The Google Toolbar
    I can&#39;t say how great this software has been for me. It blocked almost every pop-up . Plus it&#39;s easy to install and work with.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    hmmm pop up stoppers .... they are great but I don&#39;t use them as it often restricts you. For example, clicking a link which opens in a new window or &#39;view stats&#39; in a poll etc wont work. But if you have to have one I&#39;d say norton internet security or Zone alarm 4 do great jobs.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think your right TR shady I use the 1 in norton and I never see a popup..Or he could use Opera..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    I use two. Popup Ad Filter and Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition. But for inline advertisements, the best is still the KL hosts modification, and eDexter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast