View Poll Results: Should nonconstructive posts be disallowed in trade threads?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 54.05%
  • No, oh and by the way, I like men.

23 15.54%
  • STFU SenorBubbz

45 30.41%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullshit Comments in Trading Threads

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    I'm sick of seeing comments in trading threads like "Bad luck for you" or "EEEEEEEEEWWWW, A TRADER!! HE HAS COOOOOTTIES!!1!111!."

I have honestly never seen someone use either one of those remarks in the invites section.. and i have no f-in clue of how you became a mod or w/e on PtN

anyways, thanx for the poll option of 'STFU SenorBubbz'

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It's really time for a trading subsection. As a nontrader i'm sick of seeing their lame offers clutter up the bt invites section. From their perspective I'm pretty sure they're getting sick of people spamming their shit all the time. Making them a separate section (like they do at most other forums) would give nontraders no excuse to go to the trading subforum and spam their stuff.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    the mods tried to limit good luck posts, but there are just too many asshats that kept posting them that it wasn't worth the trouble of deleting all of them

junk posts of the like would be difficult if not impossible to moderate, especially in that section

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The point of a public forum is free speech, people will say what they want, however immature their comments, as others have said this is not only a trading forum, there are others here that don't agree with your business, and they have the right to voice their opinions, but in this case I think a picture speaks a thousand words................

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SenorBubbz

fu*kin' right man, fu*kin' right
    these "good luck / good offer etc" is a stupid offtop
    and stop saing these words.. it's not a good, it's a lame!111

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothFairy
    fu*kin' right man, fu*kin' right
    these "good luck / good offer etc" is a stupid offtop
    and stop saing these words.. it's not a good, it's a lame!111
    so what constitutes a bullshit comment besides good luck and hope you get it and do notz trad3?

i can argue that the quoted post is completely useless; that it's just an agreement post with poor grammar, spelling, and l33tsp34k, so where do you draw the line?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I don't think that what you consider "nonconstructive" posts should be disallowed. I think trading threads should be disallowed.

BTW I chose the STFU option.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    th0r
    do you know who I am? I'm a fu*king offtop-guy. So, ignore my message, ok?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The point of a public forum is free speech
    Wrong.

The point of this forum is to be a resource for it's members in both areas of file sharing knowledge and material. It has nothing whatsoever to do with free speech.

We have rules which require members to adhere their posts (speech) to particular sections and there are even a couple of topics which we do not even allow to be discussed.

Members do not have freedom of speech here and this is not a forum governed or inspired by any sort of democracy. We have our own set of rules and allowances and free speech is not one of them.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The point of a public forum is free speech
    Free speech - Yes!
    Spam - NO!

All this good luck posts are only made by spammers who want to increase they post amount

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast