Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid ammount of people using seedboxes

Your Ad Here
    Its getting stupid the amount of people using seedboxes compared to normal downloaders just to boost there flippin ratio. I went onto ScT last night, and a pack had just been uploaded and they could of been people to boost ratio or people stealing and taking to another torrent site, i counted 15 out of 17 leechers were ovh users of leeware etc etc, its just stupid, the pack was over 25gb so i highly doubt these users were going to download to home, yeah there handy but with all the ratios you still have to share back to 0.4 or seed for 24 hrs anyway, a big ratio may look good, but it doesnt make your penis any bigger does it? Im sorry but its just stupid. Its unfair on normal users trying to keep a straight ratio when you get so many numbnuts just trying to get a bigger ratio to trade there account for a l33t account of something.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    nice rant, but it wont stop people from using seedboxes and ive got to admit when i still had mine, it was so easy, now its back to hustling to seed back lol
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    nope, but faster upload = bigger penis

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Well if there weren't loads of seedboxes you'd be complaining about terrible speeds...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Your Ad Here
    Well yeah fair enough does make speeds just that bit faster, theres just too many people trying to get a big hit to make there ratio bigger. stupid.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by TetlyTea View Post
    Its getting stupid the amount of people using seedboxes compared to normal downloaders just to boost there flippin ratio. I went onto ScT last night, and a pack had just been uploaded and they could of been people to boost ratio or people stealing and taking to another torrent site, i counted 15 out of 17 leechers were ovh users of leeware etc etc, its just stupid, the pack was over 25gb so i highly doubt these users were going to download to home, yeah there handy but with all the ratios you still have to share back to 0.4 or seed for 24 hrs anyway, a big ratio may look good, but it doesnt make your penis any bigger does it? Im sorry but its just stupid. Its unfair on normal users trying to keep a straight ratio when you get so many numbnuts just trying to get a bigger ratio to trade there account for a l33t account of something.
    maybe it is unfair but no one tells u that u need to download something from here,also some members have RRS activated so when new torrent is uploaded it will auto. start to download..

Sct is known to have many members with Seedboxes...and also what they will do with files,well probably will be deleted after seeding

only thing that is unfair is when some(many) members overseed not just on SCT on any site

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I kinda know how you feel, as I never had a box until recently.

I actually the think the problem arises from the insanely high upload requirements some sites have to reach the different user classes. People want to get those classes, so they can get into restricted forums or get invites, etc.

If trackers based classes on activity (both on the tracker and in the forum) it would go a long ways towards helping out the guys with slower speeds. But as it stands, as long as places have 500gb+ class requirements, seedboxes are going to abound.
    Kindness goes a long way!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Plus on trackers like Sct they have massive packs so if you want to download them you have to have quite a big buffer, and the easiest/quickest way to do that is with a seedbox

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

You're mad at seedbox users because you can't seed back a 25GB pack on a top site with your dialup speeds? That seems ridiculous. Go use Demonoid. Don't download 25GB packs if you don't have the buffer. Etc.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    there is no use in complaining. there will always be users with seedboxes, and that is a good thing. As punki_rach said, if there wasn't, you would be complaining about crappy speeds. You just have to work around it, and seed for as long as you can. If you can't be bothered doing that, then maybe you should leech from a less exclusive tracker.

One of the reasons why trackers like ScT are so amazing, and so renowned, is becuase people have seedboxes, and give excellent speed on 0-day content, not only that but ALSO the fact that there are also home-seeders (like yourself maybe?), who have larger storage than seedboxes, and can seed large packs for much longer than the boxes, giving the site (and similar others) an incredible archive

So i guess what I am saying is don't be put off by it, be encouraged. Help seed packs that don't have many seeders, and seed them to death, your ratio will improve. If you want something new, that has no leechers, you might want to think twice before grabbing it, if you think you won't be able to get any upload on it, chances are you will be able to find it somewhere else

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast