View Poll Results: Do you show your bt rep?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 57.50%
  • No

17 42.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bt rep questions?

pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    why do you feel you need to show or hide your bt rep?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I show it but it really means nothing to me.When they made BT rep it was for a reason and people use it the totally wrong way.It doesn't help at all imo.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I have none to hide.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    some people choose not to show because ashamed of trading past, others feel the need not to boast, im neither

*side note - it looks cool!
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i never knew you could hide it . . ..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    ^ lmao its in your usercp page
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    why do you feel you need to show or hide your bt rep?
    Hmm this most have something to do with my reply in your invite post...

pharaoh, SORRY man don't take me wrong, didn't mean anything against you.

Actually I didn't know you could hide them, so I apologize...

If people are abusing them, and able to use them wrong then shame on them, but after all when you don't know someone, what ways are there to tell someone is a pretty good member on a forum like this?

Post Counts
    Etc...

In short everything adds up and gives users a clearer picture to what is going on, but then seeing the actual posts a member has made, getting to really see the person is of course one of the biggest helps...

If you're doing the right thing, then I say show them, to let people know you're trying to help, and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is no reason to hide something, unless someone really has something to hide...

PEACE

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't just because I think it's stupid. A person can have 100 good rep points, but that doesn't mean he's still not going to cheat or trade the account he just got, etc. So the bt rep is useless to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I don't just because I think it's stupid. A person can have 100 good rep points, but that doesn't mean he's still not going to cheat or trade the account he just got, etc. So the bt rep is useless to me.
    Your logic is like a good employee that gets a good letter of reference because he quit his job and is taking on employment at a new job, the reference doesn't really mean anything either, because sooner or later this new employee, even though they have a good reference and track record doesn't mean they're going to turn out all right either...

THE actual point here is, in the end, you never really know, so that isn't to say the system is flawed, it's just that at times you never really know what you might be dealing with.

So don't say the REP is useless, it has value in that it gives people a point of reference to try and work from, and that's about as good as it gets in real life too. When you deal with flawed people you get flawed systems, but don't blame the system, because as people we still need something to work with to try and determine character.

Don't blame the REP, blame the people, the REP isn't the problem, people are...

Make sense?

PEACE

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i hide them because i like to have my profile clean !

P.S. my reps ar not made by trading

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast