Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Getting a seedbox from OVH

Quote Originally Posted by rulebreaker View Post
    Haha, Ill try asking my friend if he can help you. Because he is currently ordering two, mine and his.
    Be careful if you order(ed) two servers with the same OVH account.
    If you don't have a reseller account or don't pay for the VIP stuff, the bandwidth used by all of yours servers should not exceed 101 mbits per sec.
    If you don't respect that limit, they can reduce the bw to 10 mbits/s or less.

At least, this is how it works for OVH in France and after reading several topics about OVH seedboxes, it seems to be the case for OVH in general.

So, the solution is to rent two servers with two separated accounts (or to pay that VIP thing which costs 900 euros :\).

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    aren't kimsufi always into the QoS, and not only when exceeding the 101mbps?

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Judging by my own experience, it seems it's not the case.
    I do have a server which seeds on bt and downloads things on usenet all the day. And I do not suffer of any limitations.

A friend of mine has a server on which he's hosting a xdcc bot, a bt client and a lot of others things. OVH sometimes limits its bw for several hours.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    Judging by my own experience, it seems it's not the case.
    I do have a server which seeds on bt and downloads things on usenet all the day. And I do not suffer of any limitations.

A friend of mine has a server on which he's hosting a xdcc bot, a bt client and a lot of others things. OVH sometimes limits its bw for several hours.
    both of you have a single server (100mbit) on your account... on is limited from time to time... and the other is not? how's he passing the 100mbits with 1 single server? :/

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Sorry if I wasn't clear... We do not share the same account. Both of us have a separate account. So, any restriction applied to his account only affects his server, not mine (since i do have my own account).

Also, what I wanted to point out is that even if you don't exceed that limit of 101 mbps, OVH can complain about the use of your bandwidth. For instance, your server uploads and downloads all the day at 80-100 mbps. My friend do this everyday. So, OVH sometimes reduce the bandwidth of his account from 100mbps to 5mbps for several hours. Ok?

About that limit of 101 mbps, it's possible to exceed it if you're renting several servers with the same account. ie: You have three servers which seed data at the same moment. Without any problem, you can reach that limit... And after that, OVH will start to reduce the bw allowed to your servers. This problem often occurs when a person is reselling servers he's renting with the same OVH account.

If you only rent one server, you can't exceed it. But they can complain about the use of the bw (see what i wrote in the second paragraph).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345