Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: a famous quote made me happy

  1. #1
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lickey End
    Posts
    1,786
    I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it




    genious

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it




    genious

    It's a supposed Mark Twain quote. However, I've never been able to corroborate the fact.

    It's brilliant, regardless.


    -bd

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,456
    yes it is..Mark Twain made J-dye happy

    OMG..this made me happy tho

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMalistic View Post
    yes it is..Mark Twain made J-dye happy

    OMG..this made me happy tho
    It's often attributed to Twain - however, I've never been able to verify the fact.


    Anyhoo.


    -bd

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,110
    Sure easy for "Mark Twain" to say considering he isn't even a real person.
    Big talk from a pseudonym.
    Try dying for real buddy see how you like it.
    Bloody pen names think they know everything.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sure easy for "Mark Twain" to say considering he isn't even a real person.
    Big talk from a pseudonym.
    Try dying for real buddy see how you like it.
    Bloody pen names think they know everything.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sure easy for "Mark Twain" to say considering he isn't even a real person.
    Big talk from a pseudonym.
    Try dying for real buddy see how you like it.
    Bloody pen names think they know everything.
    Nom de Plume humor is a very specialized branch of comedy.I would hardly expect it to be appreciated by everyone.
    Pity I had a killer joke about
    George Orwell, Lewis Carroll and a midget.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •