Thread: RSS Help

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    After talking to the not so friendly staff at BMTV, I was wondering if anyone can tell me some filter settings of how NOT to dl torrents labled like this: Dirt.S02.DSR.XviD , without screwing it up for downloading single episodes.

Thanks!

These are my settings:

Ha, the deleted the torrent because of the crappy name among other things. I reckon they're not going to give me back the buffer this POS torrent took, huh?
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-18-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    what makes you think you deserve anything back?

they're not responsible for your rss filters

but anyway, i've been trying to figure this out myself

maybe if you add *s2* to the NOT filters
    Alright.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    In this particular instance, I don't think uTorrent's filters are smart enough to dodge such a badly named torrent. You could try using the episode number filtering, to look for specific eps, but in general, short of using Azureus or something else with more robust implementation of regex, I think you're SOL on this one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The pack was so badly named and put together that it got nuked. My filter settings are set to catch post anything as long as it is properly name. It was named incorrectly and caused thus me buffer that i won't be able to recoupe. Why wouldn't I ask for some of that hard earned buffer back?

Alas, it's not that big of an issue now I just have to hope that the bmtv nukers act faster.

Mod's feel free to lock this thread - Thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    in that particular instance, the single episodes should always come with S02E01 for example, no? so to avoid the naming problem in this case adding *.S??.* to the not filter would have prevented it.

thats based on using the original file name, instead of the decoded one. it allows for a greater range of filtering.
    Last edited by pandapop; 04-19-2008 at 01:20 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Hmm i'll try that, thanks m8!