View Poll Results: FST users better than the average priv tracker user?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, They know how torrent works better, have good seeding habits and use what they have etc.

21 21.65%
  • No, they leave countless acc's idle and often try to take advantage of any trackers they can.

54 55.67%
  • They're about the same.

22 22.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the average FST user is a "better" torrenter than the average torrenter?

"No, they leave countless acc's idle and often try to take advantage of any trackers they can."

nothing could describe better the average fst user

as a proof:
    Quote Originally Posted by EyezSS View Post
    I myself didnt know about partial seeding so always had difficulty maintaining decent ratio at sites like bitmetv but not anymore.
    the average torrenter, not fst member, probably using public trackers, would never download a torrent (or a part of it) just to boost his ratio

if being an fst member help increasing the possibilities to do partial seeding... we are going into the wrong path
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 04-19-2008 at 11:24 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I dont know how to answer this

On fst, you ll get lot of info and ways of torrenting; some good, some bad and some really bad

people who take in the right info and filter out the bad ones are usually more successful and better torrenters

To answer in short, most people wont have different nicks here and on trackers if everything was good and fine here

I have been a culprit and was disabled at one or two trackers just because my nick was similar. Reason: I was active and participated in giveaways

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    No, most of these asshats trade.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    really hard one to answer.

like others have said, some members come here without being on any private trackers, and are very easily lead. so they take what it posted on here as gospel (the partial seeding for example) but then when they get into a tracker, they never read the Rules and FAQ of that tracker, because they think they know it all.

and not every tracker works the same way, as those in KL on BCG will no doubt inform you now lol

and the longer you have been torenting, usually the more loopholes you know (partial seeding, being a good cheat, when to do a giveaway, when to do a trade etc etc)

so for me, i would take a noob off mininova that we can at least teach something to onto our tracker, rather than a torrenter either from here or elsewhere, that thinks they know it all and think our rules are crap.

but saying that, you do get some good members here, problem that i can tell, they post like mad on here, i get them into BCG, and they dont have any posts and no downloads (only helping seed with their SB). well we have plenty of those already, and we need members of the community and that includes leechers, as without leechers, your tracker is pretty much worthless.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    this poll is a no-sense, everybody know i'm the canonical torrenter

Pro Anti-Anti.
    thEotheroNe is the Greatest

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    EyezSS's Avatar Numb
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    the average torrenter, not fst member, probably using public trackers, would never download a torrent (or a part of it) just to boost his ratio

if being an fst member help increasing the possibilities to do partial seeding... we are going into the wrong path
    Public trackers don't have ratio to start with On ScT and bitmetv, majority of the leechers on packs are partial seeders which really pisses me off. Now users have become so obsessed with keeping good ratios that they don't download anything which ultimately results in hardly few snatches on a particular torrent especially in high level trackers as i am member of one of such tracker.

And i agree partial seeding is evil lol but some times there is no other way around.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If you meant to write "Is the average FST user better then the average priv tracker user?" the I'm afraid the answer is No, they leave countless acc's idle and often try to take advantage of any trackers they can.

I have had many invite I have given here misused by the people that were absolutely dying to become a member at some tracker. I have also invited good users, but the good bad ratio is more bad than good. On the other hand, the people I have invited from private trackers, the people that wouldn't know the difference between FST and computerworld, they are mostly good users. I just invited someone from a private tracker yesterday. He already donated to help the tracker. What are the odds of that happening here?

I don't even consider myself a good user as per tracker owners/staff point of view. I prefer having access to as much stuff as possible, which means that I have lots of trackers. Some I used often, others I just keep alive for the occasional gem. And worse of all, I don't even consider that a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    really hard one to answer.

like others have said, some members come here without being on any private trackers, and are very easily lead. so they take what it posted on here as gospel (the partial seeding for example) but then when they get into a tracker, they never read the Rules and FAQ of that tracker, because they think they know it all.

and not every tracker works the same way, as those in KL on BCG will no doubt inform you now lol

and the longer you have been torenting, usually the more loopholes you know (partial seeding, being a good cheat, when to do a giveaway, when to do a trade etc etc)

so for me, i would take a noob off mininova that we can at least teach something to onto our tracker, rather than a torrenter either from here or elsewhere, that thinks they know it all and think our rules are crap.

but saying that, you do get some good members here, problem that i can tell, they post like mad on here, i get them into BCG, and they dont have any posts and no downloads (only helping seed with their SB). well we have plenty of those already, and we need members of the community and that includes leechers, as without leechers, your tracker is pretty much worthless.
    Probably true.. But then lot of staff dont have the time or patience to help out the nagging new guy

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I won't compare fst to the average user in the world but I will compare to the many that I know or have met in real life. So that being said I would say that an average torrenter here is better. Here is why

The average torrenters I know or metin real life are just big leechers with a crapload of different low level trackers all with bad ratios and could care less about sharing or maintaining a good ratio which is pretty sad imho.

The average user I've seen here seem to be good members who try to maintain good ratios. Atleast 1:1 and understand tracker rules. And when I say this I'm not talking about the members who buffer their accounts to ridiculous high numbers only to trade it or for the biggest e-penis contest

I agree with Stoi in that taking a noob and teaching them can be better than getting more experienced torrenters at times.

But with amount of people that sign up at trackers that just can't realistically isn't possible

I based it on real life because comparing members here to all torrenters is like comparing one city to the rest of the world.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i think we are exposed to more information then the average torrenter, so we might have the slight advantage over some people
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast