View Poll Results: FST users better than the average priv tracker user?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, They know how torrent works better, have good seeding habits and use what they have etc.

21 21.65%
  • No, they leave countless acc's idle and often try to take advantage of any trackers they can.

54 55.67%
  • They're about the same.

22 22.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the average FST user is a "better" torrenter than the average torrenter?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well how long does it really take to learn how to use a private tracker, usually after your first 2 downloads, then you think, oh crap now what.

so you go and read up on stuff, whhich will take an hour tops, any questions just ask in the forum.

so say 3-4 hours max and you know just as much as somone thats been torrenting for 5 years, its not hard.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Like squirr3l said,It's kind of hard to compare as there are so many torrenters out there..

I have to agree with PolarBears post as well. I would choose a site filled with noobs who obay the rules over a site filled with Traders anyday.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post

I have to agree with PolarBears post as well. I would choose a site filled with noobs who obay the rules over a site filled with Traders anyday.
    Is the average FST user a trader?
    Does being a trader necessarily make him a poorer tracker member?
    FST users are poorer tracker members because they see that there are more options beyond what they already belong to
    so they fail to appreciate what they already have enough.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think you misunderstood..

I am not saying that the average FST user is a trader.

I am also not saying that if you are a trader then you are not a good member at a tracker.

I am saying that when you trade,many times it risks others accounts at trackers. And that is just being careless on the traders part because if he didn't trade it then nothing would have happened.He may have not meant to harm other's accounts,But that's what happens sometimes.

I quit trading once I realised this. I also must say that while there are many bad members here at FST there are also many good ones.

Many people here at FST are great,active members a trackers who use forums,irc and really get into the community.

I probably should have elaborated more when I made my post and I apologize if I sounded too critical.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Appreciate that you took the time to reply.More used to being ignored.
    More than happy to accept the apology.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-20-2008 at 03:15 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think if you're completely new to torrenting and use FST as a resource to enhance your understanding of how to be a good member at a tracker, then yes. If your an established bt user then more than likely they won't be that much of a better user.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-20-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    i think people are what they are and FST doesnt /shouldnt make any difference in thier torrenting habits...some are good users some are bad users...

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    there are average torrenters in FST and there will be for a long time !

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    No as I was doing torrents before this place arrived
    But for others maybe

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Yes I think we got a good and honest community here for the most part.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast