Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allowed to Hit and Run on this tracker!

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    http://torrent-hackers.co.uk/

I just noticed this, and it is a first for me. A private tracker that allows HnR's on torrents? It might not be all torrents, only free leech ones, but it still seems like a crazy policy to me.

Anyone else seen this on another tracker? Or have any thoughts on it?

edit: not free to leech, only free to HnR on this tracker.
    Last edited by KennyX; 04-20-2008 at 10:44 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    HDBits for example has no hit&run policy either and the tracker is working pretty well with only the standard ratio enforcement. I'm sure that there are others too.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Rules suk! BiTT.ro disabled torrent log H&R away!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think it all depends on the respect you gave to the tracker if your job is to help others as they helped you

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ^^^ Agreed, torrenting is all about sharing. I guess enforcing a strict ratio policy will give their members a chance to keep things seeding them selves. Honestly, I believe that this tracker might run into issues of not having enough seeders on torrents.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    hi
    But y u think of hit n run.. if u download something from others u should give it back...thats the simple basic from which p2p concept grown up

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RedluFF's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I think it strongly depends on what is considered as Hit and Run. Some trackers consider stopping the torrent after the download as hit and run. But for some trackers it is ok, as long as you seed it for a certain time (e.g. 8 hours)

There are a bunch of trackers which allow Hit and Run as long as you maintain a good overall ratio- and I think it's the right way. A user with a good overall ratio will know how filesharing works and won't hit and run

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No they wont, a user that knows how torrenting works, will partial seed to get a buffer, or use their SB to upload 300 gig in a day on 1 torrent, and then rape the site dry of 300 gig of other stuff. reuse seedbox, and repeat the process.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    yb130225's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    both bit-hdtv and hdcorea have no hit&run rule

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    No they wont, a user that knows how torrenting works, will partial seed to get a buffer, or use their SB to upload 300 gig in a day on 1 torrent, and then rape the site dry of 300 gig of other stuff. reuse seedbox, and repeat the process.
    That's debatable! Compare buffer to money, if you are selling cars for example, you will earn more money when selling one car than if you would have of sold only the tires...

At end of the day, you earn a certain amont of money from what you sold and you are allowed to use that money as you wish.

Now, i am sure that the marginal profit from selling tires is lower than the marginal profit from selling cars, same as in partial seeding.
    However, people buy more tires than cars which allows other people to make a living from selling tires.

At the end of the day, if you ul 300gb you deserve to dl 300gb. Some people sell tires and that's cool, others are more into cars and so, in principle, HnR should not really damage the community.

If you are into the stuff you dl (Cars) you will have to seed it back, if you are just dl'ing it for the buffer (Tires) then good for you, at least you gave us back 300gb... I assume things should balance once the site have enough users and interesting content. In my opinion, HnR is only there to allow smaller sites with lousy content to stay alive in this ruthless bt market.
    But then again, it is just my opionion...
    Last edited by sagib; 04-20-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast