Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Advice...

Poster BT Rep: +2
    To start off I've never had a seedbox, so I have no knowledge whatsoever about how to use one. All I want one for is so that I can keep a good ratio at TL, what.cd and a couple of boxing sites I use. I'm not someone who is going to be uploading tb's upon tb's of data all the time. With that being said, what would be a good and simple seedbox to look into getting?

I was thinking of spending about 30 pounds sterling a month. Will I need more than that?

I know these questions have been asked a million times before, but every thread I read seems to have different suggestions, so it's hard to know where to start.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It sound's like you're from the UK. If so go with any of their low to mid-grade box's. Do a search on ovh or better use the search function on my user name to find some out more info about them.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    I would suggest OVH, especially if you live in the UK
    You can get one of the new Kimsufi ones, for 20 pounds a month you get 250GB HD and 1GB RAM + Unlimited Bandwidth, which is an awesome deal if you ask me. IF you need more, OVH got other packages...

If you dont want to use OVH, I would then suggest either Vectoral or LeaseWeb.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Looking for a free Porsche
    It's my dream
    anyone please give a way one to him

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    OVH is the seedbox leader now... Amazing

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to set up a OVH account. I mean is it difficult. I have no experience with this stuff like I said.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfWar View Post
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to set up a OVH account. I mean is it difficult. I have no experience with this stuff like I said.

it's very easy bro

u just fill the info they need from u like phone number etc... and make ur order
    next day u will recive ur server details

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you your server details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    themagicke's Avatar Member
    I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you your server details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.

When I ordered my Kimsufi, within 24 hours I was asked to send proof of ID for the credit card payment... so I got on the blower to the UK office telling them when to expect the fax. The chap I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Anyway, they got the login details over to me within the next couple of hours. They seem like a very professional outfit, and I'm completely and utterly pleased with the service they provide at such a sensible price.

I think I'm gonna be with OVH for a long time to come.

Might be worth you giving the london office a call to see where they are with your order.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicke View Post

When I ordered my Kimsufi, within 24 hours I was asked to send proof of ID for the credit card payment... so I got on the blower to the UK office telling them when to expect the fax. The chap I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Anyway, they got the login details over to me within the next couple of hours. They seem like a very professional outfit, and I'm completely and utterly pleased with the service they provide at such a sensible price.

I think I'm gonna be with OVH for a long time to come.

Might be worth you giving the london office a call to see where they are with your order.

Proof of id? No one mentioned that. I haven't got a fax machine, so it's going to be a load of hassle if they ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast