Thread: Tracker on private PC

Hello.

I'm considering to use my own PC for tracker/announce.

I'm sharing files between friends, and they know when I'm online and not.
    My client for torrents are µTorrent, and I've installed PHPTriad, which will work, so there's no problem with the connection to my PC.

I'd like to hear you people, where can I find the announce.php code?
    - I've searched allover the web, Google, Jubii.dk, Yahoo, name it I'll give you...

I've found some links, but they doesn't help, since the sites are not existing any more...

Anyone who can help me?

And we're talking about tracking torrents, which is downloaded of maximum 3 persons because the internet connection (2048/512 kbps)...

Does anyone know, where to find the PHP-code for the announce.php?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if its only going to be for 3 people and no ratios why not just use the in built azureus one (i know it used to have one not sure about now)

or even the BNBT C++ tracker.

only thing you want with a PHP based tracker is, private community and keeping ratios, if its just for friends dont even bother with it. (or just go the FTP route)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    if its only going to be for 3 people and no ratios why not just use the in built azureus one (i know it used to have one not sure about now)

or even the BNBT C++ tracker.

only thing you want with a PHP based tracker is, private community and keeping ratios, if its just for friends dont even bother with it. (or just go the FTP route)
    Yeah okay, I don't know wether µTorrent requires tracker or not...

Quote Originally Posted by utorrent.com
    Does µTorrent support trackerless torrents?
    Yes, it does. The torrent creator can also make trackerless torrents. You cannot use Magnet URIs to download a torrent, though the function is planned for the future.
    It obviously answers my question...

But there might be others, that want an tracker to run, that they can control by themselves, so I'd like to see, if anyone can find an tutorial or an downloadable file for the announce/tracker file...
    Or if there's any other ways...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does...ded_tracker.3F
    Does µTorrent have an embedded tracker?

Yes, it does. You can turn it on by enabling bt.enable_tracker in the Advanced section. However, it is a very simple tracker, with no web interface, or even the ability to see what torrents are hosted on it. It is not designed for anything requiring security or large-scale. A stand-alone tracker is much better for this. It allows all torrents, external or not, to be tracked on it when enabled.

Once you have enabled it, you can use it by simply putting the tracker's URL into a torrent. The tracker URL is http://your.ip:port/announce (port being µTorrent's incoming port). IP can be external or internal, depending on if you want to use it in a LAN or across the Internet.
    works fine. make sure the torrent port is forwarded on your router/firewall.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5