Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you find all the ultra-rare stuff?

BANNED
    I use eMule./

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    if i cant find it on private tracker, than its time for TPB
    if cant find there , then emule
    long live eMule !

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    giannis's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    private trackers mostly.
    if i cannot find what i need, i try private dc++ hubs

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    emule and some trackers

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    eMule has had the most files that I couldn't find anywhere else. Soulseek is also good, but for music only.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind_sampath View Post
    You mentioned the STROs used within the FxP scene. I'm presuming these are the servers to which the "scene" members upload their new releases.
    As much as I know, it's usually not the real scene but leaked one time when it comes to the hacked servers. Many people might take the releases from such servers to put it further in distribution, although I'm not sure and I guess you never know exactly how the distribution works.

My question is, what is the roadmap that these "new uploads" take from here? Do they come on to the private trackers after this, and if so, how long does it take? Where do the new releases go after they've come on the private trackers? And where does the usenet fit in on this roadmap? Does it operate in parallel to these scene releasers, with a different set of people, or are they the same people? Also, where do the files come on first: the usenet or the STROs? Is there any competition?
    Usually the material always has its source from the scene (well if it's 0day material this is pretty much true, for high-resolution / lossless / rips there are also other good releasers). As much as I know, there are several people that have some sort of leech axx (may it be dumps, or whatever) and would then put it on other platforms from there.

Usually it's only about minutes until the release drops down through the hierarchy, thus it's not that easy to determine the exact roadmap.
    Private trackers can be very fast, and e.g. SCC shows the time after pre for every torrent, that's the time that passed until the file reached this place.

And no, there isn't really a competition between Fxp and Usenet, they hardly know of each other and just try to be close to the pre ^^

Because you asked about the ultra-rare stuff, I might also write this: The scene usually has a very wide spectrum of files, but access is restricted. Now it's the question, how much content will spin-off to other methods, be it Fxp, Usenet, Torrent, whatever. Mainstream stuff like a new movie will always find its way down to the 'lowest forms' of data-exchange, while rare content might lodge in the hierarchy, due to a small audience and lower motivation. So if you find good Stros, they might have a whole lot of data, especially if the responsible users carry files of your interest. But you might also just find some mainstream movies, and such servers often get lost (re-hacked, administrator got it back, whatever).
    With Usenet, it's a bit easier, because basically you have access to the whole band of newsgroups, so it's not that important to find the right place like it is with single FTP servers.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    mpeg3s
    Shareaza is the best P2P Edonkey/Mule replacement

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    The Company BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I find rare things on RS and Emule.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    eMule for rare movies/documentaries that I can't find on BT trackers.. but most of the time, it's painfully slow.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Peanut's Avatar DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING
    i use torrents./a music forum/some times ares

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast