Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people just not give a shit about Demonoid ?

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    The title say's it all really.

What I'm saying is ok there is giveaway's in the invite section every day and some guy's want different types of proof ect.. as in ratio screens and profile links ect... but as soon as Demonoid opened it's doors for business everywhere on the net codes are being advertised.

Prob the reason I wrote this thread was that I saw in the invite section a thread something like "Giveaway", and in the thread was an actual Demonoid code just copy/pasted. So I take it, it was a first come first served.

I know Demonoid is a semi-private tracker, but you have to admit that you find some stuff on there that you just don't get on private trackers, especially appz and some older stuff.

Private trackers are a combination of community, privacy and in some cases content.... but it looks as the privacy has just about gone from Demonoid.

I'm glad Demonoid is back, it's just unbelieveable to see how their invites are being throwin about.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    fisherman,I totally agree with you..

Many People overlook Demonoid's Positive qualities..

P.S. We Miss you At you-know-where!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post

What I'm saying is ok there is giveaway's in the invite section every day and some guy's want different types of proof ect.. as in ratio screens and profile links ect... but as soon as Demonoid opened it's doors for business everywhere on the net codes are being advertised.

Prob the reason I wrote this thread was that I saw in the invite section a thread something like "Giveaway", and in the thread was an actual Demonoid code just copy/pasted. So I take it, it was a first come first served.

I know Demonoid is a semi-private tracker, but you have to admit that you find some stuff on there that you just don't get on private trackers, especially appz and some older stuff.

Private trackers are a combination of community, privacy and in some cases content.... but it looks as the privacy has just about gone from Demonoid.

I'm glad Demonoid is back, it's just unbelieveable to see how their invites are being throwin about.
    first, demonoid has freaking huge database of users and it's almost impossible for them to keep an eye on each demon user

second, it's the rule m8, they don't care if invite codes are pasted on public.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Demonoid is as big as possible. Every user is a good user.. or is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LvrPool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's a great tracker (right, with a lot of old stuff). Best aspect.

40Mbit DL / 10Mbit UL

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

first, demonoid has freaking huge database of users and it's almost impossible for them to keep an eye on each demon user

I understand the huge data base and the hassle involved in pursuing bad users ect... And I also know it wouldn't matter how bad your ratio is that you wouldn't get banned, and that came from the staff. But it still is a semi-private tracker and if they are gonna be happy with members just posting codes in public, shur they might as well just become public, though I know that would be strenuous on their server.

I just think it's disrespectful to just post codes in public to any private or semi-private tracker.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

I understand the huge data base and the hassle involved in pursuing bad users ect... And I also know it wouldn't matter how bad your ratio is that you wouldn't get banned, and that came from the staff. But it still is a semi-private tracker and if they are gonna be happy with members just posting codes in public, shur they might as well just become public, though I know that would be strenuous on their server.

I just think it's disrespectful to just post codes in public to any private or semi-private tracker.
    Since there isn't any rule stating whether it's allowed or disallowed, i guess it comes down to individuals' perspective.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Yep the way Demonoid invites were being thrown left and right made it look like nothing...

PEACE

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    dude even before they went down demonoid invites where thrown around. but I do agree with you!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    What exactly is the negative effect of doing this?

Privacy? That's just silly. If Demonoid wanted privacy, I think they'd be doing things a bit differently.

Believe it or not, not every tracker wants to be a big secret or keep most of the BT population out of it. If the staff there really were worried about publicity, I think they could've just stayed closed. If they didn't want their invites going out, they wouldn't give them to everyone in the tracker. They obviously have different values about how to run a tracker and what's important.

And as far back as I know, since Demonoid has had invite codes, they have been posted in public, and it has helped a lot of people. Why change anything? It has made Demonoid what it is...

Besides, more often than not, I'd guess the people getting the codes are people who are trying to download a torrent they found on a public tracker that is from Demonoid but they're not a member. It's not like if FTN invites were given that way and people would be making dupe accounts for buffering and trading, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast