Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: xbox360-lifespan

  1. #1
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Depths of Bits
    Posts
    292
    so people, tell me, what is the lifespan of xbox360?are there any news about a new console from microsoft.or when will we get bored of xbox's graphics, i mean when will they lok older compared to an average pc???


  2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey99 View Post
    so people, tell me, what is the lifespan of xbox360?are there any news about a new console from microsoft.or when will we get bored of xbox's graphics, i mean when will they lok older compared to an average pc???
    My 360 lasted since launch till about 2 about weeks ago (RROD). Keep in mind each xbox is diff. and it depends on various factors such as the climate, temperature in the room, ventilation, etc etc

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  3. Games   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,103
    Nothing on the immediate horizon.There has been hints of something in 2011 but that's just speculation.
    Don't expect anything soon though Microsoft still needs to to recoup the $1.26 billion it spent developing the 360.

  4. Games   -   #4
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Cilla
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,315
    I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new console really in the new few years.
    They may have lost money, but they certainly can afford to, assuming they plan to make more on the next console, which would hopefully be better designed and more reliable.

    I can definitely see the PS3 taking off during this time, and MS would need to release something to better compete - since PS3 have proven to be more than just a console.

  5. Games   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new console really in the new few years.
    They may have lost money, but they certainly can afford to, assuming they plan to make more on the next console, which would hopefully be better designed and more reliable.

    I can definitely see the PS3 taking off during this time, and MS would need to release something to better compete - since PS3 have proven to be more than just a console.
    Yea, if MS does release another console I bet you any thign it'll have a Blu-Ray player either in it or sold as a separate attachment for the new console. They lost the media war that's for sure, but really, I don't see why a new console will come out this fast. 2010+ is a good bet.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  6. Games   -   #6
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Depths of Bits
    Posts
    292
    yeah, i also think it won' be before 2010, but it is a sure thing that new xbox will come out 1 year earlier than ps4


  7. Games   -   #7
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    789
    I just bought my 360 two months ago.
    I've heard of people on their fifth one. That's ridiculous
    I hope this one last me until the third xbox comes out in 2 or 3 years.

  8. Games   -   #8
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Nothing on the immediate horizon.There has been hints of something in 2011 but that's just speculation.
    Don't expect anything soon though Microsoft still needs to to recoup the $1.26 billion it spent developing the 360.
    They recoup the losses through deals with game companies/selling games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •