Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here!

J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    think about it the other way

a tracker trying to enforce fst rules .

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    DasFox u r giving it an emotional touch , i respect u as an old torrenter BUT let me tell u what i think , now a days there are very less number of pirates who respect each other and their trackers ( if they have any ) ,
    FST is not JUST about Bit torrent , it has many other categories and ppl here love to hang in there , and we have our own rules , and we say that they do apply here , although if there is some understanding with trackers then account trading of some trackers is also banned here .
    it looks like a dream what u r thinking .

Respect!

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    think about it the other way

a tracker trying to enforce fst rules .
    Bah!

Didn't think about it that way..

Fine,Fine..

You win!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I understand what you're all saying...

I'm not looking for a dream, just a bit of reality, so all it takes are a few things...

Does FST have the man power to police all the posts, and if they do, do they care to?

Again it's not really about rules, but rather what sort of place do we want this to be, and continue being?

Now if someone has rules that are just plain out right silly, then I can certainly see FST saying that we are not going to enforce this, to bad.

But most if not all higher level trackers don't allow public invites, giveaways, and trades, so what's so terrible about FST wanting to enforce this? To me that is just plain respect, and common courtesy. Also let me make this clear, it's not then just about respecting the trackers, but respecting ourselves as a FileSharing Community, the type of image we want to project to others...

THANKS for letting me share....

PEACE

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    So we lie, cheat and steal in life, and then walk into a forum and do the same, the problem is these people have no self respect or integrity.

So the other question is, are you this kind of person, do you hang around with these types of people, and do we bring integrity to our forum, or do we allow it just to be a place of lies and no self respect?

As I said the name of the game is not about rules, it's who are you when you look at yourself in the mirror and where is your self respect to allow this type of thing in your life, and in your forum?
    Well you are talking about pirating software, music, movies, ect when you talk about torrent trackers. Face the facts, it is stealing and there is no honor among thieves.

If you are already stealing a $200 program or a $20 movie why bother with respect, you are obviously not respecting the rights of the copyright holders which is what you are legally bound to. Why respect the rules on trackers where you have no legal obligation to follow them if you can't respect the law?

I'm not saying this is the way I act or what I believe but it is a valid counter argument which I thought I would throw out there.
    Last edited by LaPistola; 04-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The FST invite section is designed in a way that breaks tracker rules. It's not their problem, obviousment.
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post
    I think it does have something to do with you guys..

Trackers will have a lesser opinion of FST and it's members if you don't respect their rules.
    Who is "their"?

Every tracker has varying rules. Are we supposed to keep track of them all and treat each trade with every tracker invite differently? Get real.

Besides, not all trackers have an issue with trading. I have even received PMs from tracker admins of lesser known tracker who were actually complaining that their tracker was not listed in WTAW.

Many trackers state in their rules that invite trading is forbidden, but when speaking with them on the forum, they say they aren't worried about it.

Policing every tracker is not our concern.

Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster
    Correct me if I'm wrong but forums are supposed to put members first eh?
    What is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster
    I have heard some people say they got banned/disabled at trackers just for being a member here.

I'm not disrespecting staff,I'm just saying my opinion..
    Trackers are renowned for their wacky staffers. Are you surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    Well you are talking about pirating software, music, movies, ect when you talk about torrent trackers. Face the facts, it is stealing and there is no honor among thieves.

If you are already stealing a $200 program or a $20 movie why bother with respect, you are obviously not respecting the rights of the copyright holders which is what you are legally bound to. Why respect the rules on trackers where you have no legal obligation to follow them if you can't respect the law?

I'm not saying this is the way I act or what I believe but it is a valid counter argument which I thought I would throw out there.
    Amen. I've always thought it odd how the bittards try to bring some sort of "honor" to the file sharing game.
    Last edited by Skizo; 04-22-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Forgive me as I cannot quote different parts of a post on my PS3. But I will explain..

Their=The Trackers..

I know that trackers have different rules. You don't have to treat each person differently.

I'm just throwing out my opinion. You run FST however you want. I don't own them or moderate here. I am trying to give points that may not have been realised.

But I do know one thing,FST wouldn't be half as popular as it is if it wasn't for all of these trackers.

And what I meant about forums putting their members first was that if all of the trackers banned/disabled members accounts for being a member at FST,I would think FST would try and do something to change it.

I don't know what you have done,I don't want to know as it is none of my business what happens between staff and tracker staff unless it is something that members should know about..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    How else are some people going to get a chance at an invite to a high level tracker. Not that I've seen many lately.
    As long as the GIVER checks out the recipient, and advises them of site rules.
    WTF is the problem.
    FST is a sharing community.

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I've been torrenting for about 5 years, and I've NEVER traded!!!!!!!
    Last edited by psychophil; 04-22-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by psychophil View Post
    How else are some people going to get a chance at an invite to a high level tracker. Not that I've seen many lately.
    As long as the GIVER checks out the recipient, and advises them of site rules.
    WTF is the problem.
    FST is a sharing community.

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I've been torrenting for about 5 years, and I've NEVER traded!!!!!!!
    Hey I'm all for sharing and getting invites, it's just the way in which it's done, don't people realize here that people can go to Jail over this? So let's look at it from that standpoint, trust needs to be earned, to keep things safe, so all you have to really do is get to know people, earn some trust and your in the door, it's not that complicated, but many people here I see don't seem to take the time to realize this, and just want it fast and now.

Are you going to probably go to jail for just some small time file sharing? Probably rare it will ever happen, but what about the staff that run the tracker, there is a possibility for them...

If I was running a tracker and ran the risk of jail time, I'd be damm certain of who came in my doors...

Let's not forget in the P2P world people do go to jail...

Yes LaPistola you're right, there is that side to the story, and at times there isn't much honor amongst thieves either...

Actually Skizo there is respect maybe you're not old school enough to know this, because most of the newer people on the P2P scene don't know, and I'm not saying any of this out of disrespect to you, but since you mentioned odd how the bittards try to bring some sort of "honor" to the file sharing game shows that you're not aware about this in those circles.

As I mentioned to psychophil, there is respect because people do go to jail, and I've seen it happen over 20 years, so that's some of the respect I'm talking about, not only for one another, but respect for what can happen.

In the public in places like FST is where you find the chaos and a lack of respect or that understanding, but not in the real underground world of software pirating do you hardly ever see this...

Anyhow as I mentioned we can't keep after crazy rules to enforce, I'm just talking about sticking to basics that most trackers maintain, which is a policy of no open invites, trading or giveaways, for the trackers that don't want them, and for the ones that do, allow it, basically that's all...

Anyhow it's FST's forum to do as they see fit...

PEACE
    Last edited by DasFox; 04-22-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast