Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Security Scraps Virtual Fence Along Arizona-Mexico Border

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Homeland Security Scraps Virtual Fence Along Arizona-Mexico Border

TUCSON, Arizona — The government will replace its highly touted "virtual fence" on the Arizona-Mexico border with new towers, radars, cameras and computer software, scrapping the brand-new $20 million system because it doesn't work sufficiently, officials said.

The move comes just two months after Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff officially accepted the completed fence from The Boeing Co.

With the decision, Customs and Border Protection officials are acknowledging that the pilot program to detect illegal immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border doesn't work well enough to keep or to continue tweaking.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352213,00.html

Only via a gov't project could $20,000,000 equal a grand total of nine towers, plus the software and system to go with. And now it's being scrapped after a couple of months?

What a monumental waste of tax dollars and time.

The 2000 mile wall that was supposed to be finished already still has less than 100 miles completed. At this rate it may finish by the time I'm ready to retire.

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    惡魔的提倡者
    The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. -- P.J. O'Rourke. This is what happens when the important jobs are given to party loyal political appointees instead of non political competent appointees.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I agree with the latter part of your statement, but this isn't a partisan problem.

This nonsense happen under the watch of both parties.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They are, eventually, going to fence the Canadian border too. Is this to keep Americans in or foreigners out?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Who is this "they" that you refer to? I assume you refer to the Canadians, as The US Dept. for Homeland Security has no current plan for a northern fence line.

Neither do the Canucks to my knowledge.

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Nothing like a game of pass the blame.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Nothing like a game of pass the blame.
    Was that supposed to make sense?

Maybe I should just blame everyone who doesn't suit my agenda - like the NYPD and the Justice Dept.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Design a system that no-one actually sees, charge $20m for it, then scrap it because it doesn't work. Brilliant.

Mind you, you've got a way to go before you catch up with some of the wheezes they get away with over here.

Some of the most recent ones were called "Millennium Dome" and "Wembley Stadium". The current one is a real beauty though, they are calling it "Olympic Games", which is fitting because the scale of the fraud project really is of Olympic proportions.

$20 million? Chicken feed. This one is probably going to end up over about 20 billion. Pounds. You people need to stop playing around, it's no wonder there's a recession going on if you can't pump some real tax dollars into the fraud system.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    madonion's Avatar hate: it's not human

Surprised/Amazed

how many decades did we work to take down the berlin wall?
    now we want to build up another one? fucking stupid.

madonion

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I agree with the latter part of your statement, but this isn't a partisan problem.

This nonsense happen under the watch of both parties.
    Damned partisan of you and Fox News to point that out, you big-business, big-oil, gun-toting, gay-hating, holy-rolling, wife and/or girlfriend-beating right-wing,..........wait, I just know I'm leaving something out...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast