Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ironic how BT is becomming like the Scene

silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Problem is now BT has become mainstream, a hell of a lot more sites now still can't believe it.
    Security is most important on site these days
    Thats why sites hunt down traders of accounts which can be a big breech
    Before when i started in BT it was just a few friends now its every Joe Blow wanting his share.
    Sites will change with the times to survive what ever that maybe better or worse.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Errr, BT is for the masses. If you don't like what's currently available, you can start your own site, fill it with the staff you want, have the files you want and then proceed to be self absorbed and ban anyone you don't like.

Setting up a scene topsite would not be so easy.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I agree partially ... and find it very amusing when i see postings on some trackers that actually say: "Don't post our releases on other trackers".
    Funny when you know virtually everything that appears on a tracker, comes from other place that are Not-BT-related.

I think that's why the OP called them 'self-absorbed'.

It is a fact that there are some nice guys in the BT-scene too, but as rvt said ... BT's become something for the masses, and there's a lot of retards in the masses.

Can you feel the LOVE

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    agreed disme , and i think BT do have TPB and isohunt for those type of retards ,.

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M3dium View Post
    I prefer priv. sites that let anyone upload. If someone has managed to find their way to an "exclusive" tracker, they are probably fairly experienced BT users. Allowing a select few to upload kills selection, and doesn't do much for the sites community imo.
    like i said depends on the tracker, a tracker with 1000-5000 members then yeah let everyone upload, as its pretty easy for the staff to handle and keep on top of, a site with 50,000 members though, it would be folly to do so.

Hi Stoi,

I'm not sure I agree with you. TheBox.bz has 60000 members, 19500 torrents and anyone can upload. All that achieved in less than a year since opening. Certainly for a TV site, I think part of TheBox's success is due to allowing anyone to upload.

Having said that, BCG rocks! I love your site and you know what works best, I'm sure.

Cheers

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I think some of the important asses you refer to came to the point of having to become restrictive due to so many members hindering the site they joined. Whether it's trading, ratio problems, problems in the forum, leeching, etc. I prefer the private trackers to be honest.

Usually less headache in my personal opinion and better quality vs the public sites which is an utter mess at times(Think Kazaa days). I do agree that some of the more important asses, are just that, asses due to their little mod title, upload status or whatever other variables factored in(Not all though).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I didn't think I'd post again, but it seems that I'm not the only one that thinks this way, to some degree. I did come across a list of "levels" which made me even sadder. I'm sure there are a ton of people with great content or experience that would like to share, but more or less can.

I saw a comment about it being a "mess" with upload privileges given to everybody, but again, having a strict format for the uploads is very scene like. I used to like contributing, as I have pretty good technical knowledge of video encoding, which allowed me to release high quality uploads, far superior to the scene garbage.

For the record, once upon a time I did have scene access, so I do know a thing or two about it all. I'm also against people leaking scene stuff on BT, as it draws unwanted attention to the community... BT users could just as easily produce content, even more so, as I suspect there are a LOT more BT users than scene participants. That being said, I thought it used to suck that we had to conform to scene rules, which are totally arbitrary. I'll take a constant quality encode over any 2 pass VBR any day of the week.

And I hope that whoever quoted security as being a reason was joking. I understand that big sites bring attention... but open signups with the ability to prune bad users seems fair to me....

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Truthfully, you do have a point. I also prefer quality releases, I don't mind waiting. I don't need to watch the latest on the scene right away, there are so many other thing to watch and do in the meantime.
    I hate the fact that BT has become targeted. With ISP's pitching in to throttle bittorrent traffic. It's such a mess. We the clients can't do much about it, only change ISP's.

I agree with Stoi a structured way of uploading is ideal, makes it less chaotic. On public trackers fakes and viruses are very abundant. With a little structure that could be rectified.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    most of the people i see around here and on tracker forums who have been aroudn here for awhile seem like genuinely good guys. the majority of the self-absorbed ones that i see are people who i remember their first post of not knowing anything and suddenly 2 months later when they get an invite to a "high level" tracker, out comes the condescenscion and suddenly, they are a god to the BT world. fortunately, these are the ones that after they get all the trackers they want, stop posting and i don't ahve to deal with anymore.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I dont agree at all.

You should ask yourself how easy/hard it is to run such a big torrents site for "masses" and if its really worth for you to do it. Becouse you have all shit on your head, unlike scene, where everyone contributing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast