Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What you've always wanted to know about india, but didn't know whom to ask...

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind_sampath View Post
    thewizeard, it has touched my heart that you apologize for something you aren't in any way directly responsible for. of course, from your words, i can see that you have left the cruel and biased world-views of your forefathers far behind, just in the way that many of us here have moved on from the dogged traditionalism of our pre-independence times.
    We have a saying in india for people like you. We keep saying that it is because of the (few) good people left in the world, that it continues to rain every year; the belief being that the rains are a divine gift that god sends us, in reward for our good actions. Without these few good men, the world would slip into chaos, drought and deep moral rot.
    So thank you, and may your tribe increase, thewizeard!

As far as coming into the lounge is concerned, i will be there when i can (the fact that most of the action happens there, when i'm fast asleep, because of the difference in our time zones, is a bit of a problem though...

Cheers!

Welcome to FST. I like you already, and I enjoy your philosophy.

Peace, brotherdoobie

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Brotherdoobie, thanks for the warm welcome. Do let me know if there's anything i can help you with.

Cheers!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind_sampath View Post
    Brotherdoobie, thanks for the warm welcome. Do let me know if there's anything i can help you with.

Cheers!
    I will. Thank you, sir.

-bd

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    i traveled in india for about a year so .... whats the deal with boys holding hands in the streets and huging each other all the time ? do they bang each other too ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I will have a few questions.
    What i wonder is mostly about ethnic position of india and the its relationships with Pakistan?

As far as i know, India consists of Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs. At least, those are the major ones. There have been fights against those ethnic groups in the emergency period of Indira Gandhi who drived one group into another, and Pakistan has been founded because of those ethnic wars...There have been quarrels over Kashmir which is a zone between India and Pakistan
    1) Is there still a huge tension between ethnic people?
    2)Do they fight for Kashmir against each other?
    3)Do you think arming of both states ,that is, India and Pakistan was a good idea for their defense?
    4)Is there peace negotiations between those 2 aforementioned nations?

Thanks for your reply mate...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    not being an indian but i will say

1) yes always forever
    2)they would sure like to
    3)have you seen a country that reacts different to danger
    4)i guess like always : on and off

damn goverments !

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    so seems like Lebanon in terms of internal problems... only shie sunnie and moro smt but dont remember ok i looked for it on the wikipedia here it is Maronite Christians...
    Last edited by bilkenter; 06-29-2008 at 05:22 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    mobile's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    not being an indian but i will say
    damn governments !
    That was the kinda root of many things....people do want to change but cannot,cos of some F**King politicians(in both regions) who just use power to ignite more and more hatred.And even when the governments come down to negotiations they(more or less) always end up with no solution.

It has taken years and it will probably take a life time for these snail-paced 'leaders' to get some thing done for both the regions and let peace prevail.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Spammerbot...LIVE!
    nice one mate...
    seems like a one stop spot for getting all the info on india..... more of a dynamic kiosk
    eh? LOL

keep up the good work ..
    I continue to think.... Therefore I still am....

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    @zedex
    U are almost to the point

@bilkenter

1) Is there still a huge tension between ethnic people?

Outside it looks like there is a HUGE tension between these ethnic people but in reality it is an illusion. If u go depth of this, u will see the peaceful life going between these people. U will be surprised by it. As saying goes It can't be expressed it can be only feel by seeing it. Those ppl [who is greedy one, i can't take name of specific religion of a person because a greedy person don't have any religion, country] who wanted power will create a fuss to damage these ethnicity. Hence for outsiders it looks like a HUGE tension goin on. But there is universal saying goes which says outside and inside are opposite to each other. Hope u got what i wanted to say.

2)Do they fight for Kashmir against each other?

They means whom exactly you are refering?? If you are refering greedy officers,politicians then my answer is absolutely YES.
    But when it comes to people of India and Pakistan, then I say NO. Sadly what is happening in both country is POWER IS GIVEN TO UNWORHTY, greeedy, selfish people.

3)Do you think arming of both states ,that is, India and Pakistan was a good idea for their defense?

I must say, both sides doen't get any benefits from it. I remembered my childhood story where A two monkies are quarelling @ each other and third one get its benefits

4)Is there peace negotiations between those 2 aforementioned nations?
    As long as greediness politicians,officers,selfish people are there I think U might do paper negotiation to show negotiation but how can u do the negotiation betweeen MINDS

@Aravind

Nice work man.

Hope to see more countries threads where we get taste of this whole world. Vasudev Kutumbakam means that World is one family.
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast