Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientific Tattoos

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Detale, why don't you have this one done above your 'balls' tattoo?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    It was a wee Nun from somewhere in the south of your fair country who told me. To be fair she was a bout 127 at the time.

The funny thing is that your pronouncement (which I have also heard) actually sounds more southern and mine sounds more Belfastian, to my ears.

In other news' t'arras in Belfast tonight.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    We tend to be harsher on the old tongue and more inclined to the english push in the greater cities of the north.

We were taught Gaeilge as a staple in school yet I was acutely/gravely always aware of a degree of pretense or even desperation.

Friends of mine pursued it to A Level, even further. I perceived it as english speaking parents frittering their childrens' educations.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    I love the ones based on Haeckel's illustrations. Particularly the brittle-star. It shows the beauty, fragility and the resilience of life.

http://www.helsinki.fi/~pjojala/Haec...strations.html

@ squeamous, which one would you have?
    I really like the blue trilobite one from the first linky. I've always wanted a tattoo but would never have one done because marking my body seems a bit short-sighted and unnatural. If I did though I'd have something that represented polar bonding between water molecules, DNA or the periodic table. Something that showed the beauty, complexity and elegance of the physical world as we know it. I do love tattoos on other people. I once saw a girl in a club with a giant phoenix emblazened across her chest...it was a sight to behold.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Vitruvian man, that would be a good one.....all across the back:

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    The name Sean when spelled thusly is pronounced as in "seen". In order to have it pronounced as in "Shawn, or Shaun" it must have a fada (pronounced fwada I think) above the á, so it would be Seán.

It's a Gaelic thing.

Chálice can probly confirm this, he's all educated and knows things and stuff.
    I appreciate the education on my name and thanks Chálice for the conformation but I have spelled it this way for 32 years now and thats how it's spelled on my birth certificate so I will just stick with plain old Sean Also I haven't seen Sean Connery spelled Seán ever, I know he's Scottish but still the name is the same

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Yup your right, it's just the pronunciation which you're getting wrong. Unless you actually do call yourself Scene.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Tattooing an amoeba would be more scientific.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Might be tough to pin the little bugger down....

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Yup your right, it's just the pronunciation which you're getting wrong. Unless you actually do call yourself Scene.
    Well Iwouldn't say it's wrong it's how we say it here in the USA so I guess it depends where you are in the world, not wrong different

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast