Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Golan Heights

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    ^They'd have to give up on the dream of having the whole of Israel.. Basically.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Dear lynx, can you please show me your source that says Israeli troops were going into Southern Lebanon in order to kidnap/assassin a Hizballah leader? As far as I know, the troops were in a hummer along the border road on the fence doing a scheduled patrol, as they have been doing since 2000...
    No, I can't find any reference to it. I remember seeing an IDF press release which said the troops were patrolling the security zone (I can't remember the exact phrase), a description which has always been used to refer to the area INSIDE Lebanon. That press release was rapidly withdrawn, and was probably only reported because the immediate withdrawal itself attracted attention.

I have to admit, I thought I was going crazy, I couldn't find any reference to this press release. I was thinking that either someone has been extremely efficient in getting all references to it suppressed, or that maybe I had dreamt the whole thing. Then it struck me that maybe someone has been efficient, but a little TOO efficient. I haven't been able to find ANY references to Israeli press releases from July 2006, at least not on Google or Yahoo. A major conflict involving Israel and the Israeli government doesn't issue a single press release? I don't believe it.

Try it for yourself.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    tralalala, isn't it obvious that ilw's and lynx's source is al-jazira (or al manar)?
    Last edited by torrentt; 06-11-2008 at 03:51 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    piss off.

try to see this from a neutral persons eyes, look at a google search for 'cluster munitions lebanon' and what you will find is page after page after page of reputable news sources and organisations condemning what Israel did with cluster munitions in lebanon. A vaguely moral neutral person (which i aspire to be) would and should condemn it

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...utf-8&oe=utf-8

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    piss off.

try to see this from a neutral persons eyes, look at a google search for 'cluster munitions lebanon' and what you will find is page after page after page of reputable news sources and organisations condemning what Israel did with cluster munitions in lebanon. A vaguely moral neutral person (which i aspire to be) would and should condemn it

http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    I wonder, will the results they get be what you expect?

We already know that google and yahoo have bowed to pressure from the Chinese governments, the lack of any links to Israeli press releases from July 2006 makes me wonder what other pressures they have surrendered to.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    A vaguely moral neutral person (which i aspire to be)
    Vaguely?

Moral?

Neutral?

All in one person?

Your internal conflict must be unbearable, sir.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    ilw, you keep going on and on about the cluster munitions.. Once again, would you not agree that the fact nearly 100% of the attacks in Lebanon were predefined, and were announced to the Lebanese public prior to the actual bombardment, makes the use of these munitions a little less harsh than you make it out to be?

Could it be that you refuse to see, possible, the side of the war that causes Israel to use these weapons in order to hit people who could have tried to flee the building that we were going to attack, which we knew, from previous intelligence, was housing Hizbollah militants?

I still find it hard to understand that educated people like yourself and many others give in to heavy propaganda from a one, most enthusiastic might I add, Sheikh in Lebanon (Nasrallah), who claims he has won a war, when most of southern Lebanon after it was shredded to bits... And for a good reason. War is war. You fight fire with fire.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    well of course the media is creating the public opinion and not the other way .
    lynx the security zone is gone from 2000 and now there is just a plain border wich soldiers patroll it like in any other country . the security zone was made in order to prevent thing like shooting rockets on civillians cities but in order to hold that zone a lot of soldiers died . so when israel finally cleared from lebanon what happend .. ? hissbala armed himself like a mad dog and when they felt strong enough they bombed the hell out of us .... how suprising .

and for the main subject of this thread here is my post from a different thread about israel- hamas situation :
    no point of blaming each other as i see it , what needs to happen is that ppl will start to go uot on the streets a protest caus right now only politicians run the show and they are controlled by their own private interests most of the time . they make war when it fits them and their campaign and try to make peace when the public opinion is getting sick of them and wants to kick them out . politicians in the middle east are a sad joke , full of ego and power control fricks ( israelies and palestinians politician the same ) . whenever they fill that their comftrable sit is being risked they will change their opinion in 180 degrees .
    same goes in this case , this is just a politician spin . dont believe a word they say . nobody is gonna give the Golan just like that , especially not a weak prime minister like olmert who is soon gonna be kicked out from his chair . to make a real peace that the ppl will accept it too u need powerful leaders like Rabin , Begin , anuar Sadat and king hussain from jordan and not a buissnes man like Olmert or "the son of" like Asad .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345