Thread: Barry White Dies At 58

The legendary singer recorded countless hits, and was best known for songs such as "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" and "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe."

White, who had suffered kidney failure, died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre his manager Ned Shankman said. He had been undergoing dialysis treatment and had been in hospital since last September. He had also suffered two strokes, including one in May. Born in Galveston, Texas, White had been hoping to regain enough strength to undergo a kidney transplant, his daughter Shaheara White said in May. His work epitomised seductive disco music, also known as "make out" music. The heavyset musician enjoyed three decades of fame. White's deep, smooth vocals and throbbing musical tempos emphasised his songs' sexually charged verbal foreplay. Although his popularity peaked in the 1970s, White received belated recognition for his work in 2000 when he won his first two Grammys for best male and traditional R&B vocal performance for the song "Staying Power." In recent years Barry White's music played a pivotal role in TV series Ally McBeal in which he made cameo appearances. he had also taken part in the animated TV series "The Simpsons." His survivors include eight children, grandchildren, and his companion Catherine Denton.

thanks to maccool111

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@30 July 2003 - 17:06
    The legendary singer recorded countless hits, and was best known for songs such as "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" and "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe."

White, who had suffered kidney failure, died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre his manager Ned Shankman said. He had been undergoing dialysis treatment and had been in hospital since last September. He had also suffered two strokes, including one in May. Born in Galveston, Texas, White had been hoping to regain enough strength to undergo a kidney transplant, his daughter Shaheara White said in May. His work epitomised seductive disco music, also known as "make out" music. The heavyset musician enjoyed three decades of fame. White's deep, smooth vocals and throbbing musical tempos emphasised his songs' sexually charged verbal foreplay. Although his popularity peaked in the 1970s, White received belated recognition for his work in 2000 when he won his first two Grammys for best male and traditional R&B vocal performance for the song "Staying Power." In recent years Barry White's music played a pivotal role in TV series Ally McBeal in which he made cameo appearances. he had also taken part in the animated TV series "The Simpsons." His survivors include eight children, grandchildren, and his companion Catherine Denton.

thanks to maccool111
    I am so glad we have his music, still. I love his music....he definitely had a way about him....

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I didnt know he was born in galveston,tx. i lived 70 miles from there for 20 yrs . anyways,

R. I. P.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Wasn't a topic about this already posted?

RIP

5. Lounge   -   #5
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@31 July 2003 - 02:03
    Wasn't a topic about this already posted?

RIP
    Yes I think it has.

He died on July 4th...where you been sharedholder?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    Is that 58 Stone or 58 Years old?

see that bo selecta sketch when he died and had to have about 5 urns for his ashes, one for each limb then the rest for his body... ha haha quick thnkin by avid to have that one on tv so soon after it happened

7. Lounge   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    He was quite a large man. The ladies must have had an interesting time in bed with him.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    He actually had a body???? Guess I am a 'mind' person myself. Well....maybe just not a mind only. Has to be 'well rounded'. And he definitely had a way with words.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Neverose@11 August 2003 - 02:27
    He actually had a body???? Guess I am a 'mind' person myself. Well....maybe just not a mind only. Has to be 'well rounded'. And he definitely had a way with words.
    No, they lied to you. Around the summer of '79, Mr. White evaporated into a ball of light and cosmic energy.