Thread: Secure BitTorrent...?

Hi all!
    I have recently moved from a country that has no problems with torrenting and anyone can ul/dl as much as they like no hassles, to a country that is really tight on the whole thing.
    I have heard a lot of people talking about using VPN for their torrenting needs to keep the ISP/Media barons off their backs.
    Have any of you used VPN's like this?

I have looked into Relakks, SwissVPN and BTGuard.... Nothing too flash so far but apparently Malaysian VPN's are good.
    Has anyone got any feedback about them?

PG2 isn't much of an option for me and I am not on any private trackers either.

Cheers!
    S.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    I would say sticking to small private trackers is a good idea

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hey Bud!

I also suggest sticking to the smaller private trackers such as iTS,but you can always start out with something like Revtt or TL..

If you ever have any questions about Private Trackers then feel free to PM me..

You also may want to check out this link..

http://www.Torrent-Source.net/?p=73

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    I would say sticking to small private trackers is a good idea
    Thanks, but I can't get into these trackers, and besides I am new at the game so when I did get onto a tracker I couldn't keep up the ratio req..

It seems easier to just use a VPN in theory.. but I am fishing for feedback - positive or negative - about them.

Cheers!
    S.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I used to use the Public Trackers. I have not used them once since I have switched to private trackers. That was over a year ago.

Private Trackers have nice speeds,content and most importantly the best community.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post
    I used to use the Public Trackers. I have not used them once since I have switched to private trackers. That was over a year ago.

Private Trackers have nice speeds,content and most importantly the best community.

Thanks for the link Mark. OK, I will have another try at Private Trackers then, but I would like to PM you about it later if thats OK.

Have a good Anzac Day!
    S.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Feel Free to PM me anytime Bud!